UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Nightmare Before Christmas

I didn't realize the Halloween Comicfest date was at the LCS discretion. I went Sat expecting it to be going on and it was.

A few of the shops around me are doing it on Friday (Halloween) while shops a little closer to me had it this past Saturday. One of those shops made up some goodie bags that included single loose Minimates (I got a Songbird)

Edited by Shogi

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this Jack, I definitely think arms in place of standard legs will look better though. Not sure how the other characters will translate, but I'm more looking forward to seeing them now. I also picked up some extras of these if anyone still needs one.

I visited and called several stores about the Jack mate,easily over a dozen, and talked to different comic store owners ranging from super nice and helpful to cliché Simpsons comic book guy. I got a lot of different responses from them too. I was really surprised how many weren't participating, places that actually do FCBD weren't doing it. I was also surprised to see that the date varies too; some were doing it on the actually day, the 25th, but some were holding their Comicfest stuff to do it on Halloween. Out of all of them, only two were keeping Jack for their store and the rest were selling/giving them away.

I picked up 6 of the Jacks, so I have 5 to trade. I just picked up most them this past Wednesday. PM me if you're interested. I also possible have one more coming to me. Two stores didn't get them in, one of them was one of my regular shops. I told him about them being in the bottom and maybe they could have been missed, he said he received two boxes and there wasn't anything at the bottom of either one. He's going to contact his rep about it and see if he can get one sent to him. He did however have Comicfest shirts for $10! So I got that at least.

Edited by SuperChefMate

Just got mine in the mail today. Oh, is he nice. I've been hoping for him ever since Chuck casually mentioned to me at a convention that they had designed these guys but Disney had changed their minds, and my knees buckled. Just a superb 'mate. My one quibble is that his little bat bowtie slides around a bit, but I don't think there's anything to be done about that. Can't wait to see the rest of the designs and hear the line plans.

The art I showed was not for public duplication, but I never said no photography, so I'm surprised there's no stills out there. NYCC filmed it, too.

We showed art for all the main characters you would expect in the line: jack, Sally, Finklestein, Santa Claus, Mayor, Oogie, Lock, Shock, Barrel, and I forget who else. Maybe Santa Jack, maybe Halloween King, maybe the werewolf, maybe a reindeer...? I honestly forget who was on the slide, or who actually ended up in the first assortment.

The art I showed was not for public duplication, but I never said no photography, so I'm surprised there's no stills out there. NYCC filmed it, too.

We showed art for all the main characters you would expect in the line: jack, Sally, Finklestein, Santa Claus, Mayor, Oogie, Lock, Shock, Barrel, and I forget who else. Maybe Santa Jack, maybe Halloween King, maybe the werewolf, maybe a reindeer...? I honestly forget who was on the slide, or who actually ended up in the first assortment.

Isn't this your job?! Slacker... :P

I did get my hands on a jack, but my mom snagged it for herself...geuss i'll have to wait for the spring for the actual wave to come out.

P.s. Zach, if the first wave sells well, will there be a second wave with for example:

Torn up Jack/end of movie Jack

sally with repuposed zombie arms to be the torn leaf limbs

end of movie oggie with glow in the dark outer shell and bug base minimate

witches

hanging tree

vampires

etc.

If the first wave does well, anything is possible, as long as it is realistic within the general context of Minimates.

Jack and Sally and Oogie variants, sure. Really obscure characters with a second or two of screen time, maybe. Diorama pieces or a lot of tiny, scene-specific accessories, doubtful.

You can also write on to Ask DST, see what Chuck says.

Http://www.artasylum.com