UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2014 pics

Forgive me if this is common knowledge but I've been out of the game for a while. TMNT, will they be at TRU or specialty shops? Godzilla is looking mighty cool too. These days I need to be very selective about my toy purchases but TMNT is a must for me.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So....anyone else a little frustrated by the lack of news today? Hoping DST has a Hail Mary ready for the weekend...

Seems like that Chicago (?) con where the MMMV blanks were given out was the place to be for Minimate news. I actually like the idea that Minimates can get a real focus at a smaller con, so it feels a bit more special. With SDCC, you get so much other new stuff that it would be easy to overlook Minimate stuff in the shuffle.

New Minimates on display:

Mass Effect

Grimm Fairy Tales

Sin City 3

Pulp Fiction 2

Kill Bill 4

Godzilla 2

Sorry if people were expecting more. May show off Infinity and 60/19 at the panel, but we'll see.

I guess the fact that we've seen control art for many of those takes away a bit of the excitement of seeing the mock-ups here.

To be fair, there were two licenses that would be new if people here hadn't discovered them from retailer listings in the last few weeks. Now, Mass Effect doesn't do much for us non-gamers, and Grimm's Fairy Tales would have been a massive disappointment, but they would be new nonetheless.

I thought that Zach said that TRU was still up in the air... but again, I really don't know, it seems like so much has been said and speculated about this line.

From the official press release:

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Minimates Series 1: The cast of the animated series has been transformed into a series of 2 -inch block figures as part of the wide-ranging Minimates brand. Each figure in the line features interchangeable parts as well as their trademark weapons. Characters include the four Turtles, April O'Neil, Shredder, Foot Soldiers, Foot-Bot, Kraang and Exo-Armor Kraang and are available in blind bags and two-packs. Sold at comic shops, specialty stores, Kmart, Sears and Toys "R" Us.

They're anticipating a September release.

Edited by MisterPL