UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Characters as Accessories / Unmade Accessories

pappymojo

And while I know nobody at DST wants to upset "Ma Marvel" by asking for it but I still think offering Ghost Rider's motorcycle as a stand is worth a try.

A partly engulfed flame base with just enough of the cycle exposed for the figure to sit on would work. That way it's not technically a vehicle.

grpr3.jpg

I'm very surprised we haven't seen HERBIE as a minimate accessory yet. But would guess that next cycle of F4 releases that he will show up.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghost Walker's Last Stand

If we're talking about accessories that haven't been made, a couple big ones leap to mind.

The absence of Green Goblin's glider from Amazing Spider-Man 2 is just baffling considering Marvel's allowed it as a stand for years now. (Lack of reference from Sony?)

And while I know nobody at DST wants to upset "Ma Marvel" by asking for it but I still think offering Ghost Rider's motorcycle as a stand is worth a try.

Ghost Rider............. has....................a .........motor................cycle ? I never knew . ohmy.png

I would love to see... Wasp... with a blast effect where she connects to a hair piece or a head piece like she is shooting someone in either the face or the ear or something.

spider-man-team-up-wasp-sting.jpg

This is freaking GENIUS! ! ! it could also be a collar for a chest shot, since plugging into the top of the head would be tricky as most characters with the head hole need it for their hair/helmet/etc

A collar would work great for that.

I'd like to see a tiny Wasp or Yellowjacket with a peg to plug in to the flight/jump stand that came with Viewtiful Joe/Wolverine. I have Lockheed attached to the stand now and I think it would work great for other small flying characters.

Zabu shouldn't be on this list. He's big enough to be done exactly like Lockjaw.

Exactly. I'm quite shocked this hasn't happened yet.

But with that logic, the FF Kids, Artie, Leech, etc are also big enough thata they could have mates.

Zabu shouldn't be on this list. He's big enough to be done exactly like Lockjaw.

Exactly. I'm quite shocked this hasn't happened yet.

But with that logic, the FF Kids, Artie, Leech, etc are also big enough thata they could have mates.

And? We have kid limbs now, so I don't see why Franklin, Valeria, etc... have to be static statues.

Also, I second that Savage Land 2pack/Box Set idea.

Yeah, I was thinking that characters that can't possibly be done well with the bodies we have available would be the ones that would only qualify as accessories.

For example, I can see Jawas being made from the kid body but R2-D2 has such a unique shape, he'd have to be done another way.

If we ever got Star Wars Minimates, that is.

Impossible Man

Any/All others listed in this thread! :yes:

Baby Hope in a harness for Cable

I really like the idea for the chest/face shot Wasp, and it seems plausible based on the mini surfer and Tinkerbell mates we've seen so far.

I would like to see some more power effects: beams for Cyclops, blasters for Iron Man, projectiles for people like Magneto. Maybe some more stands to go with them.

That reminds me, I found these photos of my completed Richards kids so thought I'd post here for a size comparison.

6d208d17-38ae-49e3-8bd9-189134eadbcc_zps

aa807dd1-a309-40a1-bf2f-1860bdd5a773_zps

Using slipper feet gives Franklin a slight edge over Val who has a kid body.

• 2 weeks later...

He should be. And they aren't. But is there ANY scale amongst the Pop vinyls?

I'm sure, if rocket racoon had been made within the first few waves of mini mates, when there were no bulked up figures or kids pieces or accessory mates, he would have been full size. Now, to maximize a wave's potential AND offer scale (as much as possible) they made him an accessory to Groot. and results? A really nice display option with the rocket and Groot figs

also of note, Funko pop has never given us a SHIELD army builder with interchangeable parts, a transforming Bruce Banner/Hulk, or a mister fantastic with stretching base and extended limbs

and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they've ever given us knee joints, either

you want a full size rocket racoon Minimates, & I get it. We get it. And that's fine. But it's apples and oranges. Two different companies, two different licensing agreements, and two -albeit slightly - different consumer bases

correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Funko Pop have ever given us knee joints, either

The only joints they have are neck, except for Marvel, which are bobbleheads, so that means zero joints for them.

I'd love some added PoA, personally. Shoulders & waist at least (and neck for Marvel - I HATE bobbleheads).

At least I have Pop! Vinyl Star Wars and Game of Thrones!

Minimates haven't given me them yet....

Yet. *crosses fingers* :D

• 1 month later...