UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
stack32

Mass Effect Minimates

For anyone interested in the production numbers, there were 5,030 cases produced.

I'm very interested ........that's a lot of cases ! The Illusive Man is perhaps not as elusive as I (we?) thought .

Does anyone know if there is any chance of cases going up at any other stores (Luke, any chance you'll put some up at the store)? GameStop doesn't ship here and I'd like to get one for Christmas.

Mainly to ensure that I get everyone and because I want this line to succeed. I mean, this has Star Wars potential as far as character options go ( I hope latter series contain some army builders as well).

Between the 1/6 Shepard, the gaming heads statues and these, it's a good time to be a ME fan (I'm currently on my 2nd play through of the trilogy).

Edited by Kostisfire

Does anyone if there is any chance of cases going up at any other stores (Luke, any chance you'll put some up at the store)? GameStop doesn't ship here and I'd like to get one for Christmas.

I am still working with Gamestop's wholesale department on getting a large order of these for our store. It is a slow process, so I might not have them before Christmas.

Does anyone if there is any chance of cases going up at any other stores (Luke, any chance you'll put some up at the store)? GameStop doesn't ship here and I'd like to get one for Christmas.

I am still working with Gamestop's wholesale department on getting a large order of these for our store. It is a slow process, so I might not have them before Christmas.

Good to hear! Besides, waiting never hurt anybody.

Tali and Garrus seem to make up most of the online stock it seems. Of the ten I bought, 6 were Tali, 3 were Garrus, and 1 was a male Shepard. Anybody want to trade a few Talis? I'd like to get as close to a full set as possible for my Girlfriend.

Edited by Glantern

The probability of that happening is really low, even if they grabbed the last 3 from one case and the first 7 from another case.

Ordered 10 from the online store, got a full set plus an extra Shepard and Garrus.

Doesn't seem to be any pattern to how they pack the Web orders based on the case packout.

I found a partial case at a local store, but the chase was already gone.

I expected a few extras, but yeah, the quantity of Talis kinda surprised me. And I opened all 6 of them in a row, which was even stranger.

If anyone would be willing to trade Jane, Wrex, Liara, or Ashely for a Tali, I would be eternally grateful.

Edited by Glantern

mini myte pm me on FB. got your elusive man

I can't stress it enough. There are so many good people here on the MMMV. Thanks Darren.

I don't know why, but my packs arriving today has really gotten me down. I thought it was funny at first, but now I feel distraught. I feel like this is my worst case scenario of why I hate blind packaging. I blew just shy of $60 and got 3 minimates. And the worst part is they aren't even for me. I was trying to be nice and get a set for my girlfriend. But now, I've spent a bunch of money on these, so I don't want to have to go through the difficulty of tracking down and buying more and potentially wasting even more money.

Sorry, I know I sound whiny.

Sorry about this, Glantern. I have no idea how that could happen. I am going to look into why the online store would be pulling from anythign other than an open case.

Yikes. I'm glad I'm not into this line. I would be super frustrated if I kept getting the same ones over and over. They all look pretty cool though.

How come they didn't minimate-ize the main guy on the front of the blind bag package?

Somebody posted a picture of the front of the bag on Page 11 of this thread. It looks like just a random image from the game, not a Minimate figure.

Sorry about this, Glantern. I have no idea how that could happen. I am going to look into why the online store would be pulling from anythign other than an open case.

Thanks, I really appreciate that Zach.

It is a promo image of the character John Shepard that I'm pretty sure they used for mass effect 3. The back of the bag shows the minimate pic of him with his name.

How come they didn't minimate-ize the main guy on the front of the blind bag package?

Licensing requirements, approvals/turnaround time, recognizability, broader appeal, etc. etc. Lots of possible reasons.

Licensing requirements, approvals/turnaround time, recognizability, broader appeal, etc. etc. Lots of possible reasons.

Gotcha. Actually I just tracked down one of my TMNT blind bags and those are the regular versions on the front of it too. I thought the Turtles were minimate-ized on the front which is why I thought it was strange that the Mass Effect guy wasn't.

Oh I thought he meant why didn't they make a minimate of that guy on the front not why didn't they make the picture on the front look like a minimate version of that guy. Derp