UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mass Effect Minimates

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to yay shots or maybe prototypes at NYCC just to see what kind of accessories they come with.

If you think about it, both the Husk & Shepard are army builders. Just change the Shep head and you can create an army of Alianca soldiers.

I've got an army of Sheps with swapped out noggins. Then again, I've got a squad of Liaras with a variety of heads, too.

Looking forward to yay shots or maybe prototypes at NYCC just to see what kind of accessories they come with.

If you think about it, both the Husk & Shepard are army builders. Just change the Shep head and you can create an army of Alianca soldiers.

I've got an army of Sheps with swapped out noggins. Then again, I've got a squad of Liaras with a variety of heads, too.

Sniff, I've only got one set with 3 figs damaged. Damn QC and Customer Service!!!

They look really cool, I assume the Husk is the gray-faced character, what exactly are they in the game?

They are the indoctrinated remains of the species taken by the Reapers. In this case that is a human husk. Essentially the reapers use the galaxies own species as cannon fodder to eradicate all organic life throughout the Galaxy in a systemic cycle.

Do you really PL? At this point the level of trolling you have given this thread I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or finally enjoy something in regards to these figures. I would happily buy 4-6 of these sets for the variation possibilities if we're provided. I would love to see this set and even the line do extremely well. It's a shame these did not work as well as DST hoped at GameStop. Even as a fan who hated the idea of blind bags, I still found each figure I wanted and continued to buy multiple sets so my 3 children could have a set each. Why? Because an honest and true fan is just excited to get these. They are toys at the end of the day, and plenty of lines use blind bags and are successful enough. You can't hate on DST for trying a new approach. It's business, and businesses need to make money and try new techniques and ventures to do so. Go easy on these guys, we're lucky enough they take the time to talk and listen to their fans.

Do you really PL?

Yes.

Feel free to check out the entire thread if you have any doubts. I've shown nothing but support for this line and I'm not even a fan of the property, just of cool toys in general. These certainly qualify.

What I'm not a fan of has already been explained at length in this thread which is what Zach referenced (out of the blue) last week. I took it as friendly ribbing and responded in kind by being ridiculously over-the-top. Others, yourself included, apparently saw things differently.

Maybe I need to use more emoticons.

banana.gifbunny.gifDunno.gif

Not bad for zero new parts. I'm not a fan of putting army builders in boxsets. The Husk looks good but I doubt I'm going to buy as many as I would have otherwise. The likeness for Shepard is improved over the blind bag version so that's a plus. Miranda was my most-wanted out of the remaining characters so I'm thrilled to get her. Aria looks good, the facial expression in particular is perfect, but if they needed to reuse parts I can think of a number of other characters I'd rather have here.

I'm trying to find legitimate questions in between the PL posts I simply can't read any more, but Shepard will come with an alternate Jane head and chest, sorry I didn't send Kotaku an image. No other alternate looks, but I believe Shepard comes with a rifle, Miranda comes with the small gun, and Aria comes with the blue flame-hand piece.

Any word as to where it'll be available?

Any word as to where it'll be available?

Kotaku just said "wide-release," but these are from the new round of Previews solicits. Comic shops, specialty stores and Luke's. Any comic store should be able to order it in for you.

Like I stated on facebook, if this ends up being it, it'll be a sad missed opportunity to not have a few head swaps for the Alliance body.

We included one head swap for the Alliance body (Jane), but a head swap is the easiest of Quick Customs, Well, for Kaiden, anyway. I guess Joker needs a hat and Zaeed needs scars, but we make hats, and occasionally a face melts.

Glad to report that after contacting customer service again, I was able to get the parts I was missing within a week. Thanks to Kari in customer service and to Zach for letting me know there was a change in who handles these things.

Edited by Additup

• 10 months later...
29 minutes ago, stack32 said:

If anyone is looking to do some army-buildng with the last boxset Amazon has it for slightly less than half price right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Select-Toys-Mass-Effect/dp/B015QF5PJ4/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1471094918&sr=8-1&keywords=Mass+effect+minimates

$12.04 with Prime shippimg as of right now.

1 hour ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

They dropped to $11.76 while I was deciding how many to get. So I got 3. I have 2 of Luke's sticker sheet to use up and these extras will help.

• 3 weeks later...

A few customs I whipped up using Luke's sticker sheet and the 4-pack figures.

image_zpsz3bcjuop.jpeg

image_zpsnxuy9p62.jpeg

image_zps8il9mqey.jpeg

.image_zps20ik5nqd.jpeg

This was my first time using stickers and I can dig 'em. I still need to get a few parts to finish some of these (a hat for the bearded guy for one) and start some others (need a good base figure for the admiral torso). I also want to swap out a few pieces like the blue girl's hair but I wanted to see what I could do with just the 4-pack parts. These were fun to do and I have plans for more.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger