UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mass Effect Minimates

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon Arnim. At this point I'd take paint overs of the existing molds to get those two along with others. I can't rest until we get a Zaeed Massani. He was the most badass partner in the history of video games! If you didn't like Zaeed, you never used him, if you never used him, you never played Mass Effect. It's that simple

None of my apples are blind-bagged. And we wouldn't try selling them that way to anyone who didn't already know what an apple was. But I'm sure DST thinks they could move a shit-ton of apples to extra-terrstrials that have no idea what an "apple" is by blind-bagging them, listing the kinds of "apples" that might be inside (Red Delicious, Macintosh, Granny Smith, etc), and slapping a license on the apples that the E.T.s are sure to like.

And we don't sell fish.

Many of the blind product have questionable packaging that don't advertise well what you are getting. I don't like blind bags at all (I blame it on my PTSD from my wreck-less CCG days), but I don't blame DST on using a proven effective method of distribution. Almost every kind of mini figure has a blind bag/box type product, and its hit or miss if what they are showing on the package informs about the product.

I just don't understand why PL thinks everyone in Gamestop is an illiterate who has never held a toy before. We said "figure", we showed part of each figure, and we showed all of the characters.

I have always said we could have drawn people in better, but I have since narrowed that down to showing full-body pictures on the bag and maybe saying more on the box. I think once it's in your hands, it's pretty clear.

If you can read and interpret the word "figure", and feel what is inside with your fingers, and are vaguely aware of the concept of what a toy is, then you know what you're getting.

Also, the announcement was sent to and picked up by a couple dozen toy and video game news sites.

If blind bags are what caused them not to sell, then I'll accept that. Some of the gamer sites were pretty down on it. But if anything, that indicates GameStop customers may have been overly familiar with blind bags, not oblivious to them. The format was new to us as a manufacturer, but not to most people as consumers.

I'm picturing the DST truck (basically a refurbished ice cream truck) with nothing but a Mass Effect logo on it and Chuck's booming voice shouting over the P.A. system, "FIVE NINETY-NINE! FIVE NINETY-NINE!" And when a couple interested parties flag it down and ask what's in the truck, they're told for $5.99 they can find out, but at least it's got something to do with Mass Effect!

When pushed further they're told it's a choking hazard. Oo! Compelling! I've got $20! Let's both get one and bring another home for our three-year-old sister!

You left out the part where chucks ice cream truck had a giant minimate in vinyl on the side, like a food truck. You forgot about the minimates leaflets that said take one, and the full set of mass effect mates on the dash.

Plus Chuck wouldnt take the truck out unless it was stocked with other product line, vinyl banks, bottle openers and select figures as well.