UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mass Effect Minimates

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivan's Asocial Tip #17: Don't wear a Batman T-Shirt into GameStop. Everyone assumes you've played some fancy new vidja game and have an interesting opinion about it. But the truth is all you really want are clearance Minimates. (Four different guys in only two stores.)

Cue "The more you know" gif.

I still know little about 'Mass Effect' itself...the game/theme... but the Minimates themselves were IMHO superb in most every way , a set of Minimates that makes you proud to be a collector .

If I were (was?) in the position that some of you guys are in I'd,also, absolutely pig-out on them at the clearance prices mentioned.....but this feels like a bloody tragedy to me .

I still know little about 'Mass Effect' itself...the game/theme... but the Minimates themselves were IMHO superb in most every way , a set of Minimates that makes you proud to be a collector .

If I were (was?) in the position that some of you guys are in I'd,also, absolutely pig-out on them at the clearance prices mentioned.....but this feels like a bloody tragedy to me .

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, know nothing about the game, but for $1 each, I haven't been able to resist buying every one I see......I think I'm over 50 now ohmy.png

• 3 weeks later...

Well it may def hurt the chances of gamestop doing another exclusive wave. gamers may not necessarily collect toys, so for the gamer that's never heard of minimates why wasn't there at least a photo of a minimate on the box or bags?

Well it may def hurt the chances of gamestop doing another exclusive wave. gamers may not necessarily collect toys, so for the gamer that's never heard of minimates why wasn't there at least a photo of a minimate on the box or bags?

Whilst I agree that the decision to not show a Minimate on the front of any of the lines of the blind bags [ that we have had from DST] is odd , they are of course all featured on the back of the bags . This decision seems pretty deliberate & therefore DST must have thought long & hard on it.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Only control art is featured on the back and even then only portraits, not full figures. For virgins, the blind bags fail to depict the product. They do a fine job of pushing the license but a terrible job of showing what a "Minimates" is.

It's no wonder Minimates didn't catch on at Kmart or GameStop.

Honestly, just do a single boxed, con-exclusive (but plentiful enough to reasonably acquire) Miranda Lawson, and I'm good with this line.

But what about Thane? Zaeed? Samara and Grunt? Legion and EDI? I'm really, really hoping this doesn't go the way of Sony....