UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mass Effect Minimates

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really care if we get any army builders/generic villians. I'm hoping we can round out the rest of the characters - Jack, Jacob, EDI, Miranda, Kaiden, Mordin, Zaeed, Anderson, Grunt, Joker, Legion, Vega, Samara, Thane and the Prothean whose name I can't remember. I think Kai Leng & Saren deserve mates. Hell, I'd even buy a Chambers & Conrad.

Javik, and he was awesome. He had some of the best freaking lines.

I also agree with crimson Diablo's ideas on army builders. I just want this to do better than halo, which while I liked the mates, it turned into a collection of mates you could set up like you were playing online multiplayer. And there is sooooo freaking much depth to the story it's like as close to star wars minimates as we are going to get anytime soon.

Thanks! I started rattling off names and couldn't remember Javik! ME is my favorite games series (and I've throught my share of systems) and i hope we see more! Steve and the Matriarch too!

As you may have noticed, the Gamestop web site is sold out of these. I just heard back from their wholesale department that they will not be restocking the web site with this item, so they cannot process any wholesale orders for me. The rest of their stock of Minimates are all being distributed to Gamestop stores.I will try to pick up some locally for our international customers, but I can't make any promises. :(

I found these at two out of four Gamestops by me(one in NJ and one in PA). One was full and one had 17, both had completely different order of figures.

Then yesterday my closet Gamestop had two cases of these, and they were in the exact same order! They were apparently put out the night before and untouched. The order was from front to back:

Illusive man

Wrex x2

Liara x2

Jane Doe x2

Ashley x2

John Doe x3

Garrus x3

Tali x3

I thought this was strange, especially after Arnim's comment about the box and blind bags being separate. I tried talking to the guy who rang me up about it to get more info, but he was less than helpful...and was in the middle of bidding war on ebay too. It makes me wonder about how the bags come separately. Maybe there is an order to them and it depends on how they are opened and put into the box?

Either way got all the ones I needed plus a couple extra Illusive men. Going by feel was going to be pretty easy, with every character having some kind of unique piece, then Arnim's pictures with the accessories made it even easier. Thanks for that! My standout favorites are definitely Tali and Garrus. Never played the games and completely unfamiliar with the characters, but I really like their designs. The weapons are very cool too.

I would like to trade my extra Illusive men for the TMNT exclusives Muta Mike and Ralph. Pm me if you can help.

I was hoping my pics would help, glad to hear it! As for the shipping separately I've been wondering about that too. I've felt up a lot of cases of these and easily picked out the illusive man. The lcs tmnt cases look like these, my shop ordered a couple and is going to let me feel some up before putting them out, Ill ask how they got there's and maybe that will shed some light on it.

If someone gets the order on the tmnt cases before wednesday be sure to post it!

These just hit NYC. Got 2 of the male main character and 4 of the female main character. I have been officially cured of my impulse to buy blind packaged items ever again.

How did you get four of the female main character? You went to two locations?

All from the same location. All from the same display (they had 2 out on the counter), unless they mixed the contents at the store.

Edited by Padrino

The order was from front to back:

Illusive man

Wrex x2

Liara x2

Jane Doe x2

Ashley x2

John Doe x3

Garrus x3

Tali x3

I can confirm this is the correct order based on the multiple cases I opened myself.

Jibes with the box I searched through today. These are mostly easy to tell what's in the bags. Though I did lose track of what I pulled at one point and ended up with an extra Ashley. If anyone needs her she's available.

There were two displays on the counter? Side by side? Weird. Why would they do that?

There's no such thing as a stockroom in retail at Christmas; everything goes out on the sales floor.

Edited by elmeaux

These just hit NYC. Got 2 of the male main character and 4 of the female main character. I have been officially cured of my impulse to buy blind packaged items ever again.

How did you get four of the female main character? You went to two locations?

All from the same location. All from the same display (they had 2 out on the counter), unless they mixed the contents at the store.

It's annoying but probably worth looking like a weirdo for a few minutes fondling the packages versus getting a bunch of duplicates. They're pretty easy to tell apart. If they were in boxes I might've just resorted to eBay.

I guess it's more difficult if they're at the counter and the employee gets mad at you. Optionally you can grab a bunch, and wander around the store until you figure out what's what haha.

I hope they sell well enough to get more.

Kal'Reegar is my favorite character, and it's weird not having a Miranda, since I knew who she was before I knew who Shepard was, lol.

How is that even possible? You didn't touch the first game did you.

And Kal Reegar was the annoying asshole right? What was his ship name? The Quib Quib? HAHAHAHAHAHA