UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mass Effect Minimates

Hurray I completed the set!

I first bought six packs, after doing some light fondling of the bags to eliminate duplicates. After opening five, I could tell the sixth was a dupe, so I didn't open it and gave it away.

Then, knowing which remaining three I needed and knowing what to feel for, I did some more serious fondling at a second GameStop to get the rest.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well one person could be considered a villain. Repainting/part swapping on Liara, Wrex, Tali, Garrus can net all new friends and foes. But collectors would be sweet, any husk type, a batarian, geth, Cerberus soldiers, all would be great army builder types.

As far as army builders go, we have:

1)Eclipse

2)Blue Suns

3)Blood Pack

4)Cerberus (and all the variations)

5)Geth Troopers (and all the variations)

6)Husks (and all the variations)

7)Collectors

8)Rachni

9)Alliance (and all the variations)

+

The alien races like the Turians, Krogans, Asari, Salarians, Elcors, Volus, Quarians, etc most of whom have variations as well.

Edited by Kostisfire

Just wanted to let you know, I have purchased 19 blind bags from a total of three different GameStop locations.

I would have purchased more at one of the locations but he was chewing me out for fondling the packages because they did not allow that. So I got the four I had in my hand at that time.

I got five as I previously posted from my local GameStop. They were Jane, 2x Tali, Wrex and Liara.

So the fourteen I got from the two GameStop locations in Champaign, IL included: 3x John, 3x Ashley, 2x Jane, 2x Garrus, 2x Liana, 1 Wrex, and 1 Illusive Man.

I was able to get one complete set of 8. I now have some that I can part-swap for some customs I have in mind.

Just wanted to share what I had found.

Minor tweaks to Garrus and you could have Saren. Make Shepard in his Cerberus armor and helmet and you could army dump that. Take that Cerberus armor, paint it black with a variant head and have Kai Leng. Collectors and Husks seem like great choices. I still say Zaeed, Miranda, Jack, Kaiden, and an Alliance soldier that could have head swaps to fill out Normandys crew. I know that's quite a bit, but I'm so anxious for this line to do great.

I don't really care if we get any army builders/generic villians. I'm hoping we can round out the rest of the characters - Jack, Jacob, EDI, Miranda, Kaiden, Mordin, Zaeed, Anderson, Grunt, Joker, Legion, Vega, Samara, Thane and the Prothean whose name I can't remember. I think Kai Leng & Saren deserve mates. Hell, I'd even buy a Chambers & Conrad.

I don't really care if we get any army builders/generic villians. I'm hoping we can round out the rest of the characters - Jack, Jacob, EDI, Miranda, Kaiden, Mordin, Zaeed, Anderson, Grunt, Joker, Legion, Vega, Samara, Thane and the Prothean whose name I can't remember. I think Kai Leng & Saren deserve mates. Hell, I'd even buy a Chambers & Conrad.

Conrad Verner would be the greatest chase variant ever!!!! And if they made Chambers, than Traynor would be a must.

Javik, and he was awesome. He had some of the best freaking lines.

I also agree with crimson Diablo's ideas on army builders. I just want this to do better than halo, which while I liked the mates, it turned into a collection of mates you could set up like you were playing online multiplayer. And there is sooooo freaking much depth to the story it's like as close to star wars minimates as we are going to get anytime soon.

Javik, and he was awesome. He had some of the best freaking lines.

I also agree with crimson Diablo's ideas on army builders. I just want this to do better than halo, which while I liked the mates, it turned into a collection of mates you could set up like you were playing online multiplayer. And there is sooooo freaking much depth to the story it's like as close to star wars minimates as we are going to get anytime soon.

QFT. But Halo had a fairly good run. The problem was that most figures were repaints, which got a bit boring after a while, since they were just generic soldiers. And yeah, I agree that ME has SW potential as far as character selection goes.

One thing I should note, is that I'm seeing quite alot of Mass Effect Minimate pictures on Tumblr, which is a good sign, right? Zach, how are these selling thus far? It also makes the wait REALLY hard. On one hand I want a case to support the line, and on the other I just want the figures now!