UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mass Effect Minimates

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped by a Gamestop on the way home, just to be sure. The guy behind the counter was very nice, although he had no idea what I was talking about. Their internal system had nothing, so November it is. When I told him about minimizes, he seemed pretty interested - new markets!

Oh yeah people do, it's just the problem of no one ever comes in and very rarely is a customer in there for recommendations, mostly just for their kids or for me Call of Duty/sports game. This isn't indicative of GameStop at all it's just my store is smaller an we have hard time selling game product a lot of the time, let alone things like toys. That being said I did forget completely about holidays and the people that do come in and love what us employees have to say we could probably sell these seeing as they're basically the perfect stocking stuffer.

I believe they'll be at the register, and they are an impulse purchase tied to a high-profile franchise, so I would HOPE that people would pick them up on a whim, especially if they're shopping for their kids. But I missed that you were an employee, so you know your customers better. They do make good stocking stuffers, though!

Oh they're register impulse buys? They'll definitely sell. I was thinking it was going to be in the small standee we have designated for other things, my bad. That thing gets no love, which is why we're still swimming in Assassin's Creed Blackbeard and Edward Kenway figures and Walking Dead figures. I know I'll try my damndest to get these to customers.

Well, I was initially going to skip this line, but my girlfriend saw pictures of them at NYCC and she's a huge fan of Mass Effect. Looks like I'll be trying to get a full set now. There aren't any Game Stops nearby, so I've pre-ordered 10 figures from GS's site (That's the max quantity allowed). We'll see how that goes.

Spoke to two different employees at a local store and got them arguing about whether or not they were going to receive any of these in the stores.

One insisted they'd only be available online. The other said, "No, they'll be displayed here just like Scribblenauts."

To be continued...

• 2 weeks later...

Gamestop has carried toys pretty well over the years. I'm curious if there's actually going to be 18 bags in a case. Tmnt was supposed to be 18 but then it turned into 12 on a strip.

BHM, by "helpmebrother" line, you going to Need help finding these? I'm going to do what I can to find extra hard to come by stuff while I can because soon I'm having a little one. If I can find it, I can probably help.

Just spoke to one of my gamestops, they were able to see that no stores in dallas have received them yet. While they could get them in the morning, they usually get stuff ahead of time. He said you have to check on a store by store basis because they cant tell what has been shipped to other stores, just their own.

And the item number for these is 100747.

Let the galaxy spanning adventures begin!