UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mass Effect Minimates

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach, I'm hoping you see this and can offer some advice:

My friend is a store manager of a Gamestop. He's not new to the position. He knows what he's doing.

But he's telling me there's no way for him to order a case of these for his store (whether to hook me up or just sell to other customers).

He says that he has to order them individually through the public website (which I can do myself right now).

Is there someone he would have to contact through his distribution center or even DST to rectify this?

If the case is 18 packs and you order 18 online, I think there is a fair chance they would send the full case.

But if they don't, then the chances of getting a full set are as limited as if I just bought them individually.

I can afford to buy a case and sell off the duplicates. I can't afford to keep buying duplicate after duplicate (Lego Krusty) trying to track down the ones I still need.

If the case is 18 packs and you order 18 online, I think there is a fair chance they would send the full case.

But if they don't, then the chances of getting a full set are as limited as if I just bought them individually.

I can afford to buy a case and sell off the duplicates. I can't afford to keep buying duplicate after duplicate (Lego Krusty) trying to track down the ones I still need.

You can't buy 18 from the website. I tried. You are limited to only 10. Edited by fwoosheyman

Hastings pulled that crap with me on eBay. They had a listing for Best Of series 2, showing a picture of the whole wave but no actual description of the product, with a cheap buy it now price. Only a Mr. Fantastic/Doom arrived. They refunded my purchase and apologized for the listing error, and let me keep the Minimates.

Edited by youbastards

From what I've read here, there's no guarantee they'll even be available in stores.

So much for impulse purchases at the register.

w h a t

I have 2 gamestops near me that are pretty small, so if they don't stock the bags, I basically just buy them online and get like 5 of the same character? Or pay ridiculous markup on ebay? If that's true, this line isn't looking so good :/

It would appear that GameStop isn't just treating Mass Effect as a blind purchase. Check out this bullshit.

Apparently Marvel "Best of" 2-packs are "chosen at random" for you!

They'd be better off just linking directly to Luke's.

Does that suggest they might be carrying Marvel 2 packs in store, because that would be swell.

I'll look into that distribution question, Tenime, but my understanding was that Gamestop wanted something that took up a small amount of space in the store, hence the slim-design case.

I don't know how different Gamestops work, but perhaps it depends on the KIND of Gamestop store it is.

Anyone who is not excited by this line, I'm very sorry. I don't play ANY video games, and I'm superjazzed.

I'm with you on that, Zach. Whatever the value of the game, the characters just look great.

• 1 month later...