UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mass Effect Minimates

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the mass effect series is one of my favorite games I can't wait to get my hands on these. Garrus and Liara look great although wrex's face looks a little weird I dig them. Can;t wait to see what they do with Shepard and the rest of the crew.

Edited by ShoddyPlace

Super cool! I love Mass Effect as a series, so I can't wait!

I think Liara looks pretty spot-on. I wish Garrus and Wrex had more claw-like hands instead of the normal Minimate ones, but it's something I can get over. Garrus is also missing the visor that goes over his left eye, so I hope that error gets fixed before production since he's the one character I was hoping for the most.

I can't wait to see the rest of these. I can see Tali in the corner, so hopefully we can see her soon!

jawdrop.gif

Liara looks spot on! And I like that there is harmony between the sculpted pieces. Not overly sculpted so as to hinder articulation, but not unfaithful to the source material as well. BTW, this is ME2 Garrus, since his face is all scarred but shouldn't his armor be the same? I'm sure things are still being tweaked but just a helpful tip. I'm nearing the end of ME2 on my ME marathon (i'm on the loyalty missions after completing the collecto ship) and I'm really, really pumped for these.

Zach, any chance we'll hear more about these at SDCC? The case breakdown, what are the plans moving forward, etc...

I'm pretty happy with these so far. Liara is just about perfect. Wrex is really good; I think the angle of the pic makes him slightly odd. Garrus's head is a bit oversized but otherwise he looks good, especially if the visor is added later.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /g/generated/2014_San_Diego_Comic_Con/DST/2014_SDCC_DST_Preview40__scaled_600.jpg on this server.

sad.png

Here's the link to the pics:http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=album&dispsize=600&album=2014_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FDST&start=20&sl=22990

I tried posting the pics again but it didn't work. Maybe it's due to the recent issues with the site (some people have problem with loading times, me included). Anyway, the line-up is pretty good (FemShep, MaleShep, Liara, Tali, Wrex, Garrus, The Illusive Man and Williams) from my POV, since it contains figures from all three games.

I like the lineup too. I would have preferred Miranda over Ashley but that's a minor complaint. I am surprised they went with so many aliens (and so much tooling) right away, especially when it would have been easy to put a Husk in the mix and save on new parts.

I think they all look pretty good but I'm not sold on the armor for either Shepard. I guess I pictured something more like the chest armor for the recent Iron Man 'mates and I don't think what they've went with totally works. Not sure why Shepard's beard is so light either. Tali would be better if the hood sat down on the shoulders instead of floating, even if it did eliminate neck articulation. Otherwise I'm pretty happy.

I myself really don't know why they went with standard hands for Garrus and Wrex. Also, Ashley looks like she's wearing a dress, and not a suit. Shepard I think turned out pretty great since the armor was never "bulky". I hear you on Tali but these are early prototypes so I'm sure some stuff will change. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this. It's a strong first series but they've already used a lot of anchor characters and I'm curious as to how they'll proceed.

Using standard hands isn't a big deal to me but it would be cool if they'd change them, as long as they held weapons without any problems; I seem to remember the hands on the Elites from Halo having that issue. Ashley's costume does have kind of a skirt in the game (I had to check because she's been long dead in my game) so I think that's a reasonable minimate interpretation if not quite perfect. I guess I wouldn't mind the ME3 Shepard armor being a little more bulky if it captured the look better, especially since they could always do a more streamlined ME1 version later. Maybe if some of the armor was on the arms instead of hanging off the shoulders it would work better?

Character-wise I think they're okay since most of the characters have other looks that would be worthwhile. Mix those in with the other characters that haven't been made and I think you have some pretty strong lineups.

-On the hands: It's just that when the mate already has too many sculpted parts, having a certain place without the necessary add-ons seems kinda strange. Not deal-breaker strange, just a bit off-putting.

-On the armor: Yeah, maybe that would have worked better.

-On the selection: They could keep the line going by armor variations alone, so I'm not worried. It's just that you could have MaleShep anchor the first series, and FemShep the next one. Then do an armor/game/clothes variation. Rinse and repeat.

I think Shepard looks great, since his armor in the first two games is very slim (haven't played the third one yet). So are these 8 characters the full Series 1, or is there a one-per-case variant that we haven't been shown yet?

I absolutely adore Mass Effect and think these look really good. I am very excited for these. But we will have to see how the Gamestop-exclusive blind-bagged thing works. It was bad enough chasing people in the USA for actual sets, no idea how it will work if I just wanted a Garrus!

I've never played game, and only have seen ads in comic books.Ii always try to imagine how they'd look as minimates (as with most properties I see).

I have two questions.

1. who is the one with the purple facemask, and hood?

2.what are those orange things on some of their arms? (plus, why do they look different for each character?)

thanks for the help

1. Purple facemask and hood girl is Tali. She's one of the main companion characters in the trilogy. And totally awesome.

2. The orange things on the arms are melee energy weapons. There are different kinds.