UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mass Effect Minimates

And CBMM, sorry to hear about your bad experience. I used to frequent one in my mall, and the employees were fairly nice, but then I was mostly buying toys and knew what I wanted and where it was.

are these going to be a new tooling or basically, Halo 2.0?

...Are you asking if we're re-using Halo tooling for this? Or suggesting that Halo re-used a lot of tooling? I guess the latter is true, but any re-use in Halo was for color variations, and it used Halo-specific parts -- I don't think we re-used any from other lines.

Fairly certain this line will be all (or mostly) new tooling. It's about 50-50 alien-human, and some of the aliens have new head sculpts. Some have more skintight uniforms and clothing that is not sculpted, of course, but many of the armor pieces are not ones we can take from elsewhere.

Yeah just asking if Halo is going to be reused for Mass Effect. Glad to hear it's not! smile.png I dont mind reuse of parts, just so its not wide spread that lines start blending together. Thanks! smile.png

Edited by Ninja Mate

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is aready such a magical place of wonderment!

Zexion:

- Are you disappointed that a line you want to collect is blind bagged, or that it is not a line you want to collect, or that it will not be at your store? Honestly curious, I just don't get how anybody can be disappointed so soon after the announcement of a new line nobody knew was coming. (To reiterate, this is not the new line I have been saying would premiere at comic shops for Halloween Comicfest.)

Part of it is the property. Mass Effect never hooked me, and I always found it boring. lol I would have preferred KOTOR 2 ( I know, lol). I just don't like Bioware in general. Even then, if the accessories and stuff were good, I would have been fine, but blind bags and boxes kill me on the inside.

Though if anyone ever wanted, I'd be more than happy to pick up stuff for international fans, lol. I have like 4 gamestops on the same road I live on.

Thanks goodness this isn't the Halloween one, thanks Zach for freezing my dissapointment lol.

I'm excited to see photos of these, mass effect is a great trilogy with plenty of options available, both DST and customisers will hopefully get a lot of fun out of this license, considering the diverse characters, surely we will see a wealth of new tooling for the alien races as well as the sci-fi/ future weapons. if we get any krogans at all I'll honestly buy multiple and repaint them.

I am not a gamer by any means, and I mostly know the looks of the characters through merch and comics, but I can't imagine we could use Halo parts for anybody, even if we wanted to.

I play BF4. I know nothing of video games beyond that.

I hope the blind bag format doesn't mean these will be too short on accessories. Some of the characters would be fine with just one weapon but others could really benefit from an extra. Shepard especially could use additional accessories: multiple weapons, open and closed helmets, or even an extra head (I doubt that's likely in single packs) would be welcome.

I am really excited about these mates for the new tooling alone. While I'd prefer to pick these up from Luke's, I think it's cool that gamestop is them. And as far as blind bags are concerned, I haven't been able to turn them down yet.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together came out in '95, there's your winner.

But yeah 'ME' is one of the only new properties I'm looking forward to, I hope we can see some control art or something by SDCC.

Any videogame released after 1992 is garbage that I hate. But, still curious to see how these turn out.

I know right? I mean, where are the gems like "Westward Ho", uh?devil.gif

Leave Katy Perry alone.

Anyone who is not excited by this line, I'm very sorry. I don't play ANY video games, and I'm superjazzed.

So obv these are early production samples right? They're a little rough but I'm all in, they look spot on and I'll be enduring gamestop just to get these.