UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Electronic Cigarettes

It is an odd new thing I haven't gotten used to. I was recently in a city that does not allow smoking in the pubs and I sat next to a guy that kept pulling one out. At first, I thought he was using a little marijuana pipe or something.

I get using them to come off of cigarettes is a step in the right direction, but having kids, I don't like trends that can be harmful.

I think it's weird that people that use them feel the need to justify it. Every time I make eye contact with somebody that has one in public the always say something like "It's ok it's an e-cig" then I say "I just didn't want to run into you"

It is an odd new thing I haven't gotten used to. I was recently in a city that does not allow smoking in the pubs and I sat next to a guy that kept pulling one out. At first, I thought he was using a little marijuana pipe or something.

If you were in downtown Denver, it likely would have been a marijuana pipe. I was there before the law changed and I practically got a contact high just walking down the street. Although my at the time 13 year old daughter was with me, there was a silver lining to seeing people smoke pot openly in downtown Denver. The people doing it were living and breathing advertisements for not being career pot smokers.

Lest anyone be offended by my comments, I honestly don't care what substances adults use (hell, I tried them all in my 20s and I still love beer). But as a parent, I'm keen on keeping my kids away from intoxicants until they reach the age of majority. Is it hypocritical of me? Nope. Science supports me in that a developing teen brain is much different than a fully formed adult brain. Not a good idea to monkey with your body's most important organ before it has finished growing and developing.

Other than that, I'm honest with my kids about vaping, smoking and drugs. I believe in giving them age appropriate and truthful information. Lying to them will only erode their trust in my dad wisdom.

I think it's weird that people that use them feel the need to justify it. Every time I make eye contact with somebody that has one in public the always say something like "It's ok it's an e-cig" then I say "I just didn't want to run into you"

I never use mine in public, I treat it as if it were a cigarette and subject no one to it. It stays in my car when I am on calls and most of the people in my life are unaware that I even have it. My wife knows but she has never seen it, much less my children.

I'm pretty open about my vaping habit. I treat it like cigarette smoke, and only use it in approved areas. I work for a health insurance company, and they don't allow tobacco use or vaping on the property.

I understand the concern about kids. Most legit, and decent, vendors would not sell to anyone under the age of 18.

I recently got my mother, a life long smoker, using an ecig. She had a terrible smokers cough, and after about two months using an ecig, her cough is gone.

I've steadily lowered my nicotine level, and am close to 0 nicotine.

Thanks for listening guys.

I've never smoked anything but my regular drug of habit is in beer so I'm not going to preach 'cause undoubtedly the latter will finish me off prematurely . These electros seem to have caught on big-time over here in the UK but I have yet to see a woman using one which I think is odd ?

I'm a non-smoker and never have but my parents both smoke/smoked. My mother started using an e-Cig last year and its one of the only things I have seen that actually helped her cut down and eventually quit. (not smoked since november.)

What I find funny is in the UK there is alot of scaremongering and very little fact being pushed around about the dangers or benefits of e-Cigs. For me it boils down to these things have caught on big time and the government are losing alot of tax from ppl switching to e-Cigs.