UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Aliens Vs. Marines Army Dump

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recepie for that rad Ripley?

face: starbuck (battlestar galactica) hair :sunspot (new mutants) torso: Maggie green (walking dead) or i used RICK GRIMES for chest and arms. legs: havoc (xmen movie series1) shoes: marty mcfly and the upper body straps accessory is from marvel minimates hawkeye I took the quiver off

My LCS had a case in the back still, I can't believe how ridiculously lucky I was. Nabbed the three Alien variants (no discernable QC issues) and Pvt. Wierzbowski (also no QC issues there that I've noticed), opening them up brought back memories of the Kenner Aliens toyline that I still adore (and still collect here and there), can't wait for the next sets, and bring on Predator!

of the two cases I bought (518 of 1450, and 707 of 1450), I managed to luck out enough to have no QC issues with the humans and only one Alien with two left feet. And interestingly enough, all 4 battle damaged Aliens had their feet switched. I thought at first that the wrong feet had the tampo, until I looked at the promotional images and realized that the foot with the blood is supposed to go on the leg with no blood. Apparently the factory people assembling the mates thought it looked better to have the bloody foot on the bloody leg (and I would have agreed). Anyone else notice this?

Okay came home for lunch and opened my Aliens. Two of the clean, closed mouth Alien Warriors both have 2 right feet. The others were all good. So out of a case of 12 I have 4 with QC issues.

How does one contact DST customer service? Is there a specific email address I should contact? A phone number? Bug Zach on Twitter? (kidding about that last one... mostly ;) )

How does one contact DST customer service? Is there a specific email address I should contact? A phone number? Bug Zach on Twitter? (kidding about that last one... mostly ;) )

I too would like to know this. I sent an email thorough the 'Contact Us' page earlier this week(about my missing Spunkmeyer) but haven't gotten a response. Is this what everyone else does and if so, how long will it take to get a response?

Edited by CBMM1

1225 of 1450 was a good batch. A few warped bits to boil, but all present and placed correctly. I'm really impressed with these Xenos and can see myself going a bit overboard swarm-building. The humans are pretty great too with the only exception being the ridiculous, chunky armor. I thought we had evolved from these fat-suits. Oh well, still looking forward to future asst.s!

As someone who likes his packaging ,the thought of opening all my little dump boxes sorting out potential QC problems filled me dread....... then I saw this.......... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-29627037

Nottingham here I come blink.png

.....& blind bags ohmy.png bring 'em on smile.png

Edited by buttheadsmate

(These Brits. Always adding unnecessary spaces and U's...)

Now THAT'S why we have science! First 3D printing and now this.

I wonder if there's any chance Luke could invest in an X-ray machine.

Oh, and I double checked my case last night. Everything appears to be in order but I noticed the tampos on the Marines aren't printed on the back of the chest block. They're printed on the front and sides but not the back. Burke's shirt pattern covers the entire block.

You know what's wrong with this army dump?

Absolutely nothing!

Nope, gotta retract that. I'd not opened the humans just yet.

Wierzbowski. Poor guy. The lack of camo on his legs and torso looks pretty sad. The chest I can sorta understand since he's packaged with the bulky armor on... but it'd really have been neat if that detail was included.

There absolutely should be a camo tampo on both legs and the chest block, did yours not have any at all?

Okay just checked the figures in my second case and they are all fine. Also rechecked the ones from the first case and my Burke that I thought had 2 right arms is okay. I just had to adjust the sleeve cuff to get it to bend correctly. Still have a 2 right armed Wierzbowski and 2 2 right footed Alien Warriors. Email sent to DST customer service through their website form.

Now about the figures themselves. Love that Burke has his watch. Never thought about it before but once you notice it the watch is a very stand out part of his wardrobe. I think he even shakes it loose on his wrist at one point in the film, like a bracelet or something.

Wierzbowki is about what I expected for an armored marine. I like that he comes with a hairpiece. Don't recall him not wearing his helmet in the film (at least in the armor) but I'm sure its there somewhere.

Spunkmeyer looks good for what he is, a simple pilot in a jumpsuit.

The aliens are cool looking but I haven't played around with them much yet. Definitely will need to do some touch up painting on some of the mouths where the white teeth aren't even on both sides making some of them look kinda derpy. But that's a totally minor thing.

All in all, QC issues aside I really like these and I'm glad I got 2 cases because I can see the aliens being in higher demand once the 2 packs hit.