UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ThreeA

threea.jpg

I don't know if anybody else is collecting figures from one of the ThreeA series. I do know that it's a lot about either loving or hating the stuff that Ashley Wood (head designer of the label) is putting out (or how they are offering the stuff...).

For those who don't know anything about it: there are (at least) three different seperate unique universes, but the cool thing is, you can combine everything and then you get a world where robots are hunting humans, zombies rising from their graves and some badass guys and gals fighting them.

I got into collecting them at some point early 2013 and I am absolutely amazed by these figures, both in 1/12 as well as (lately) 1/6 scale. Not only because they offer some pretty nice custom/kitbash possibilities. (I'll post some pics later on, if anybody is interested.)

I'm not a fan of Woods' style, but really like the idea of relatively high end 1/12 scale figures. Those seem to be scaled down versions of the Hot Toys Truetype body (pretty sure their 1/6 scale bodies are Truetype knock-offs, as well). I was a bit interested in some of the 3Zero stuff, though, which is an affiliated company:

http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2014/05/pre-order-threezero-game-of-thrones-16.html

Edited by karamazov80

Thanks for the compliment on the customs, UK Collector!

I'm not a fan of Woods' style, but really like the idea of relatively high end 1/12 scale figures. Those seem to be scaled down versions of the Hot Toys Truetype body (pretty sure their 1/6 scale bodies are Truetype knock-offs, as well). I was a bit interested in some of the 3Zero stuff, though, which is an affiliated company:

I guess, you're right about the bodies. Wood's style is something that I really enjoy. It's very dirty, very over-the-top stylish (in a Tarantino sense of "style") and I prefer the more comic and less realistic design of the characters features (head scultps etc.). I guess that's why I don't like the 3Zero stuff (like TWD) that much.

I absolutely love this stuff & do my very best to ignore it [for financial reasons] as if it doesn't exist,,,,thanks Bob .

You're very welcome! (I did resist buying any 1/6 scale figure for over a year. Than a figure on ebay was that darn cheap that I just couldn't let it pass. I was watching the auction for the whole 9 days and nobody bit on that bloody thing. So I got it. And screw me and my wallet, 1/6 scale is just fantastic!

ive been a huge 3a collector for about 4 years so far. it gets so expensive so i don't really collect anymore since its mostly re makes but some stuff you just gotta have!

I know that you're also a member in the threea forums, Rocco.

You guys dig their Iron Man?

(deleted picture of incredibly cool Iron Man figures)

I really like that design! Wood's take on robots is absolutely my cup of tea and that IM armor is no exeption. But I did pass, because I don't wanted to spend that much money on a incredibly cool designed, very well articulated figure with light-up-repulsor-gloves...

I'm not sure how human-like caharcters like Spidey ond Logan will turn out, though.

Edited by Bob Harris

Cool customs! I have a few of Wood's artbooks and had followed the toys but steered clear because of price, but then I finally caved on a couple of the more colourful 1/12 figures a while back. I've also got a few preorders in for the upcoming retail carded Action Portable figs. That little battlefield beagle they released recently was pretty awesome too, so I hope we get a 1/12 of her down the line.

Oh and I'm excited to see how their Dredd figure turns out, and maybe the Spidey.