UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hot Wheels

What with Star Wars and Hot Wheels partnering up for the first time I thought I would bring this up.

They have announced an exclusive that will be at SDCC 2014 (http://kinja.roadandtrack.com/darth-vader-is-the-first-star-wars-hot-wheels-car-1586658951). To quote the article "I'm going to spend so much money on this shit."

I am going to be in the market for one of these exclusives and I am already anticipating the first retail release slated for this fall. I am planning on completing this line from the beginning.

I'm in it for the Star Wars but I am also curious if there are any Hot Wheels collectors here.

Raises paw, yeah I'm a Hot Wheels collector. While no where near obsessive as some, I can live without treasure hunts, if I have money left in my budget after minimates I try to keep up with the Mainline cars.

I've also been lucky in being able to get all the DC and Power Rangers character cars, but I skipped the Sponge Bob and Muppet sets. I'm also looking forward to the Star Wars sets as well as the Marvel characters.

Are Marvel cars upcoming or have they done some already?

They haven't been released yet. When announced I figured they would be out prior to Star Wars but it seems that the two series will likely overlap. So far they've shown seven out of twelve planned characters.

C3POR2D2HotWheels.JPG

Seemingly two more SW themed Hot Wheels. I'm not a Hot Wheels fan but the moonbuggyish R2 is kinda cute.

I posted that image and a thought was bouncing around my head..what did that C-3PO remind me of!

then it clicked...Spaceballs :)

Edited by MiniFiend UK

^ Thats interesting. In the Star Wars Insider article they said that they were going to keep scale of characters in mind. So R2 and Yoda will be small buggy-esque sized while Chewbacca would be a large hauler vehicle. With that in mind I wonder why C3-P0 would be that large.

It's a good thing these little buggers are so cheap, I bought a dozen over the weekend!

A trip to the airport to drop off my girlfriend and her family meant I got to stop at multiple Wal Marts on the way home and check out there stock. I just wish their flight wouldn't have left at midnight so that I could have hit up some TRU's so I could have looked for Minimates as well.

For now I am sticking to the main line and only getting cars that exist in reality, mostly European sports cars and American muscle cars.

• 7 months later...

Hey, sweet, fellow HW collectors! I collect mainline mostly, focusing on the Japanese Nostalgic Car/JDM Legends style stuff. Pretty much any Japanese import I will probably pick up. I also tend to go after Batmobiles and the Fast and Furious series (have the full set of the original F&F series). I'll post my collection sometime, I mostly collect for me but also tend to keep some around for speculation purposes (toon/media/older models and supers as available)