UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Decal problems

Ok, it seems that sometimes when I make a decal and put it in water to remove the backing that the color rubs off. It doesn't always do this, but sometimes it does which pisses me off. What are you all spraying on it to keep the ink from running, or coming off when you get it wet? I have been using this testors stuff, but was wondering if something like spraying an acryllic sealer on it also before I put it in water would help. Any suggestions?

I use an acryllic sealant with my decals, something I had leftover from my college days. I think it's this - Krylon Crystal Clear.

Originally I just did one coat, but the ink would run after it got wet. So I started doing three lighter coats of sealant on the decal sheet, letting it dry between each coat. Haven't had any problems since.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, could you help me?

I'm trying AGAIN with the decals (had a bad experience the first time, the colour went off when I dipped it in water) but I'm not sure if the Krylon is easy to get in Spain.

Do you guys know if a normal fixer (you know, for charcoal, pencil, etc) would work and if there's another material to fix the decal?

Thanks IA ^_^

You should be able to get the Krylon sealer at any craft store. They do have craft stores in Spain right? lol. I get mine from the craft section at my local Wal-mart. Are there Wal marts in Spain, or are they only a U.S. chain of stores?