UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New License Speculation - Halloween ComicFest 2014

I'd personally love either The Nightmare Before Christmas,or Planet of the Apes. I'm in the same boat as MisterPL, I loved mixing my apes megos with all the DC and Marvel ones I had, as well as the Star Trek ones. The question for me, would the apes be from the new movies, or classic (which i'd prefer) or both?

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've rounded up all the guesses. sorry if I missed a few but I think this is all of them.

DC
Jason/Friday the 13th
Freddy Kruger/Nightmare on Elm Street
Halloween
Predator
Nightmare Before Christmas
Cereal Brand Charactors
Haunted Mansion
Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Aliens
Dr. Who
Max Zombies
Max Monsters
Game of Thrones
Disney and Marvel's Big Hero 6.
Army of Darkness
Hellboy
Hercules & Xena
Harry Potter
Buck Rogers
Mystery Science Theater 3000
Disney Villains
Golden Girls
Godzilla
Casper
TMNT
Planet of the Apes
Metal Gear
Elder Scrolls
Fallout
30 Rock
Parks and Rec.
Sherlock
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Mortal Kombat
I was also thinking last night, that it has to be something thats going to appeal to audiences at larger stores like Walmart.
Edited by Ninja Mate

I've rounded up all the guesses. sorry if I missed a few but I think this is all of them.

DC
Jason/Friday the 13th
Freddy Kruger/Nightmare on Elm Street
Halloween
Predator
Nightmare Before Christmas
Cereal Brand Charactors
Haunted Mansion
Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Aliens
Dr. Who
Max Zombies
Max Monsters
Game of Thrones
Disney and Marvel's Big Hero 6.
Army of Darkness
Hellboy
Hercules & Xena
Harry Potter
Buck Rogers
Mystery Science Theater 3000
Disney Villains
Golden Girls
Godzilla
Casper
TMNT
Planet of the Apes
Metal Gear
Elder Scrolls
Fallout
30 Rock
Parks and Rec.
Sherlock
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Mortal Kombat
I was also thinking last night, that it has to be something thats going to appeal to audiences at larger stores like Walmart.

Well you can probably scratch off confirmed future/existing licenses (Aliens, TMNT, Godzilla) and properties that aren't Halloween ComicFest appealing.

My top 3 guesses are Planet of the Apes, Predator and Hellboy. Apes is the only one of those three that has a "Strike now while the retail iron is hot" vibe to it.
Edited by MrClean

I think I've figured what the property is, and it makes sense because it concerns a license that DST already has to a certain extent.The only license that makes real sense for a halloween release and hasnt yet been mentioned here yet is .... (drum roll).....

Monster Squad!!

It has the Universal Monsters and a cast of precocious young kids that carry guns and crossbows. Think about it, a Wolfman with a kicked in the nards face tampo!It practically sells itself.

If it were Hellboy, I would flip out, but for some reason, I don't think it's Hellboy.

I, too, would flip. I would love to see some BPRD army builders , plus the core cast of BPRD characters and Hellboy. Throw in some Lobster Johnson and Witch Hunter and you have a great line up.

If I had to put money down on it I'd guess Predator.. realize in the same post other licenses were denied but Predator was not.

Do think there's a chance for Apes though. Don't care for new Planet of the Apes but would LOVE mates of the original movie. Those, along with Flash Gordon may be the only mates I'd collect not Marvel or DC related. Believe Chuck has shot down Flash Gordon in the past, though.

I think I've figured what the property is, and it makes sense because it concerns a license that DST already has to a certain extent.The only license that makes real sense for a halloween release and hasnt yet been mentioned here yet is .... (drum roll).....

Monster Squad!!

It has the Universal Monsters and a cast of precocious young kids that carry guns and crossbows. Think about it, a Wolfman with a kicked in the nards face tampo!It practically sells itself.

I loved that movie as a kid! I'ld buy those, although I don't see much longevity in the line....

I would be super pumped for either Predator or Mortal Kombat.

I know this has nothing to do with Halloween but I would LOVE some Dumb and Dumber Minimates. Can you imagine the Mutts Cutts van in Minimate form?! Let's get on this and have them ready by the time the sequel comes out please!

I hope it is Predator. Hopefully they have the license to do minimates based on the Dark Horse comics plus from the Alien vs. Predator movies, and the obvious Predator, Predator 2, and Predators movies.

Finally watched Predators today actually and I really do want the final enemy Predator in it.

While I favor towards Predator mates, has anyone thought Mad Max? Already a few movies out and a new one on the way could make for some interesting figures. Not sure how much interest people here would have but just throwing it out there.

I wouldn't be that keen on a Mad Max line.... unless maybe we got Tina Turna from Beyond Thunderdome. However, i would be interested in vehicles from a Mad Max series :D