UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New License Speculation - Halloween ComicFest 2014

I don't think those have been eliminated as possibilities yet. As long as Freddy,Jason, and Michael Meyers aren't based on how they look in the remakes I would be happy with having them as minimates.

The license was confirmed guessed on page five, so anything that came after that can be ruled out. So, really, there's no need to guess. It's just a waiting game at this point.

Is there a list of the guesses that were made up until the point of confirmation that one of them was correct?

Mass Effect is a let down for me so I'm glad that there's still hope for something I'd be into. I'd be ok with Horror characters or Mortal Kombat. I'm really hoping it's not Nightmare Before Christmas.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated list of possibilities:

Jason/Friday the 13th

Freddy Kruger/Nightmare on Elm Street

Halloween

Predator

Nightmare Before Christmas

Cereal Brand Characters

Haunted Mansion

Resident Evil

Silent Hill

Game of Thrones

Disney and Marvel's Big Hero 6.

Army of Darkness

Hercules & Xena

Harry Potter

Buck Rogers

Mystery Science Theater 3000

Disney Villains

Golden Girls

Casper

Metal Gear

Elder Scrolls

Fallout

30 Rock

Parks and Rec.

Sherlock

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Mortal Kombat

War of the Worlds

What we know is that one of these is the correct guess.

Other companies are, and have been for a number of years, been making products for the license.

The license doesn't necessarily compliment any other current line.

It line is expected to have mass appeal.

The properties that have been flat out rejected include:

Planet of the Apes

Hellboy

Max Zombies

DC

Dr. Who

Grimm's Fairy Tales (new license)

Mass Effect (Separate new license)

List of guesses (crossed out ones are confirmed not to be by Zach)

Zach:
-Large-ish
-mass-friendly

-no genitalia on Comic-Fest Figure

-Doesn't Compliment Anything Made SO FAR (Stuff that compliments highlighted in Green)

-Spooky (Not Spooky highlighted in Red)

Jason
Predator
Freddy
Nightmare Before Christmas
Halloween
Haunted Mansion
The Room
Resident Evil
Silent Hill
Cereal
Dr. Who
MAX Zombies
MAX Monsters
Game of Thrones
Big Hero 6
Evil Dead/Army of Darkness
War of the Worlds
Hellboy
Hercules & Xena
Harry Potter
Buck Rogers
MST 3000
Disney Villains
Golden Girls
Casper
DC Revival
Roger Corman Presents
Planet of the Apes
Ghostbusters
Sherlock
30 Rock
Parks and Rec

Metal Gear
Elder Scrolls
Fallout
Buff the Vampire Slayer
Mortal Kombat

Possibilities and Probability (Very Unlikely-Unlikely-Possible-Likely-Very Likely):

Jason-Pretty well known, it is unknown if he has genitalia, doesn't compliment anything, IS Spooky, Possible
Predator-Very well known, Unknown genitalia, Alien is not released YET so it isn't anything made SO FAR, IS Spooky, Likely
Freddy- Pretty well known, possible burnt off genitalia, no compliment, IS Spooky, Possible
Nightmare Before Christmas-Very well-known, No genitalia, no compliment (unless Peter Pan), IS Spooky in a cartoony way, Very Likely
Halloween-Pretty well known, it is unknown if he has genitalia, doesn't compliment anything, IS Spooky, Possible
Haunted Mansion-Well-known, unknown genitalia, no compliment, IS Spooky, Unlikely
The Room-Not very well-known, unknown genitalia, no compliment, IS Spooky, Very Unlikely
Silent Hill-Somewhat well known, unknown genitalia, no compliment, IS Spooky, Unlikely
Game of Thrones-VERY, VERY well-known, possible genitalia, no compliment, IS Spooky, Very Likely
War of the Worlds-Well-known, possible genitalia, no compliment, IS Somewhat Spooky, Unlikely
Harry Potter-VERY, VERY well-known, possible genitalia, no compliment, IS Somewhat Spooky, Likely
MST 3000-Somewhat well known, unknown genitalia, no compliment, IS Spooky, Very Unlikely
Casper-Well-known, unknown genitalia, no compliment, IS Spooky, Unlikely
Roger Corman Presents-Somewhat well known, unknown genitalia, no compliment, IS Spooky, Very Unlikely
Elder Scrolls-Well-known, unknown genitalia, no complimment, IS Somewhat Spooky, Unlikely
Fallout-Well-known, unknown genitalia, no complimment, IS Somewhat Spooky, Unlikely
Buffy the Vampire Slayer-VERY, VERY well-known, NO genitalia, no compliment, IS Spooky, Very Likely
Mortal Kombat-VERY well-known, possible genitalia, no compliment, IS Spooky, Very Likely

My top 4 guesses: The Nightmare Before Christmas, Game of Thrones, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Mortal Kombat.

My personal hope is still Game of Thrones.

You're also forgetting a big clue: "has been working on for years". That means it's not something new, and has been in some form of development before. The two that I know of that fit this category are Nightmare Before Christmas (which was designed once upon a time before Disney decided they didn't want to do anything with the property at the time) and Game of Thrones (which DST inquired about but was told that they (presumably HBO) weren't interested). Of those two, GOT doesn't have much of a Halloween theme. So the clues really do point in one direction.

Where are you people getting all this new speculation from?

Zach already said the property had been guessed in the first five pages and has since ruled ones like Hellboy and Planet of the Apes out.

I'm pretty sure this is still the list we should be looking at:

• Friday the 13th
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Predator
  • Nightmare Before Christmas
  • Resident Evil
  • Silent Hill
  • Disney
  • Big Hero 6
  • Army of Darkness
  • Harry Potter
  • Casper
  • Metal Gear
  • Buffy the vampire slayer
  • Mortal Kombat

(I don't see "Cereal" mentioned in the first five pages.)

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Nightmare Before Christmas. That's been my luck lately. While I'm disappointed that Hellboy and Planet of the Apes have been ruled out and I'm still rooting for Predator, my wallet will breathe a sigh of relief.

Hahaha, this is a new record.

We are knocking a line before it's even been announced.

TNBC is a pass for me, really not into the property.

Hope it does well for DST though and brings more collectors to the line.

For the record, TNBC may be Disney, but it certainly does not compliment Peter Pan.

They could not be further from each other in both style and content.

For the record, TNBC may be Disney, but it certainly does not compliment Peter Pan.

They could not be further from each other in both style and content.

I never suggested Nightmare Before Christmas compliments Peter Pan.

I suggested Nightmare Before Christmas complements Peter Pan. tongue.png

And convincing a Disney collector otherwise would be like convincing a Marvel collector that Howard the Duck doesn't complement Morbius the Living Vampire.

MALIFICENT?!

Winged Fairy Maleficent from Minimates
Fans of the movie can recreate and relive the fierce and exciting battle scene from the hit Disney film Maleficent with this highly detailed doll. Maleficent is ready to seek vengeance, but is still stylishly dressed in a fitted black body suit with knee high boots, dramatic black wings and elegant horns. This Toys“R”Us exclusive, true-to-character doll can be purchased by fans for $30.

That's gotta be a typo.