UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
youbastards

New License Speculation - Halloween ComicFest 2014

Casper the friendly ghost is my suggestion into the hat :)

Good god please let it be Game of Thrones

Oh yeah!

Is it a license they have started any development on before?

Revival of DC Minimates, of course.

Halloween wouldn't be too long after the debut of the net Doctor. I'd love some Dr. Who.

As long as we're expressing our hopes and desires, put me down for these guys:

puzzle_haunted_mansion_poster.jpg

Sign me up for any of those Grim Grinning Ghosts

Halloween wouldn't be too long after the debut of the net Doctor. I'd love some Dr. Who.

I'd go bankrupt army building the Daleks and Cybermen. Tbh, it kinda fits the bill.

-It's a sci-fi show with lots of monsters.

-It starts again fairly close to the show (in August or July i think).

-There are tons, upon tons, upo tons of characters and countless Doctor variants.

-DST did work on it before.

-The Character Building stuff have been cancelled so maybe the BBC is rethinking their policy.

Honestly though, it's a big stretch. Predator seems much more likely, or even TNBC.

Me too!

Me three!

I would GD love it if it were Resident Evil. We already got 3 characters in Marvel vs Capcom...

I would be all over a Doctor Who series! A single packed 12th/new-1st Doctor would be a be a great kick-off. Could even make it a translucent/sparkle orange "regenerating" Doctor figure to keep it unique!

Well, the new license will be blind bagged and there already are blind bag Doctor Who vinyl figures so I think we're pretty much done with this. I'm betting my money on Predator TBH.

Not sure if this license will be blind bagged. I believe this first figure will be boxed, I think window boxed. But we'll see, I guess.

Not sure if this license will be blind bagged. I believe this first figure will be boxed, I think window boxed. But we'll see, I guess.

I forgot. which license did you say it was?

So Doctor Who has not been turned down yet, hmmmm.......

I thought the whole thing with Doctor Who mates was that (like Thundercats Minimates) someone commissioned designs from DST then decided to pass on making them. Considering the Character Building Micro Figures are still being made, I feel fairly sure we can forget about Doctor Who Minimates

Though I wouldn't mind being wrong about this :)

I thought the whole thing with Doctor Who mates was that (like Thundercats Minimates) someone commissioned designs from DST then decided to pass on making them. Considering the Character Building Micro Figures are still being made, I feel fairly sure we can forget about Doctor Who Minimates

Though I wouldn't mind being wrong about this smile.png

I think that the CB have been cancelled, since the BBC has allowed people to submit DW themed ideas at Lego Ideas (the new Lego Cuusoo). Previously it was forbidden and the site wouldn't accept any DW sets. There are some blind-box figs being made but i'm 98% sure that the CB line has ceased to be.

As for the designs yeah, Underground toys had comissioned them and dropped at the last minute. I did talk with the BBC marketing Supervisor last year though and he seemed really open to the minimate idea so there's that.

If it's a Roger Corman Presents line the world would be a better place.