UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New License Speculation - Halloween ComicFest 2014

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halloween wouldn't be too long after the debut of the net Doctor. I'd love some Dr. Who.

I'd go bankrupt army building the Daleks and Cybermen. Tbh, it kinda fits the bill.

-It's a sci-fi show with lots of monsters.

-It starts again fairly close to the show (in August or July i think).

-There are tons, upon tons, upo tons of characters and countless Doctor variants.

-DST did work on it before.

-The Character Building stuff have been cancelled so maybe the BBC is rethinking their policy.

Honestly though, it's a big stretch. Predator seems much more likely, or even TNBC.

Me too!

Me three!

I thought the whole thing with Doctor Who mates was that (like Thundercats Minimates) someone commissioned designs from DST then decided to pass on making them. Considering the Character Building Micro Figures are still being made, I feel fairly sure we can forget about Doctor Who Minimates

Though I wouldn't mind being wrong about this :)

I thought the whole thing with Doctor Who mates was that (like Thundercats Minimates) someone commissioned designs from DST then decided to pass on making them. Considering the Character Building Micro Figures are still being made, I feel fairly sure we can forget about Doctor Who Minimates

Though I wouldn't mind being wrong about this smile.png

I think that the CB have been cancelled, since the BBC has allowed people to submit DW themed ideas at Lego Ideas (the new Lego Cuusoo). Previously it was forbidden and the site wouldn't accept any DW sets. There are some blind-box figs being made but i'm 98% sure that the CB line has ceased to be.

As for the designs yeah, Underground toys had comissioned them and dropped at the last minute. I did talk with the BBC marketing Supervisor last year though and he seemed really open to the minimate idea so there's that.