UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New License Speculation - Halloween ComicFest 2014

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, does that mean I have to go back to my LCS and beg them to give me their one free Minimate? I stopped going in there when they stopped guaranteeing me a full set.... :/

I'm so tired of jumping through hoops to buy Minimates. All of the fun is sucked right out of it. If I wanted to be a masochistic toy collector then I would have gone with Kubricks. At least then I could have had Star Wars.

I hardly see this as "jumping through hoops". Halloween ComicFest figures are notorious for being abundant and relatively low prices on the secondary market. Just ask your LCS to order them. Most are willing. Maybe Luke will have some too. After talking with Zach at SDCC today, I am excited for the future of Minimates. I can't wait for the panel tomorrow!

Of course you don't. DST just has to say jump and your immediate response is how high.

My personal experience dictates that the above slide isn't all that great. My local comic shops have stopped carrying Minimates for the most part because of lack of interest due to the one per case variant model. So that means that anything I want I have to buy at TRU, which is absolutely the worst consumer experience possible, or go to any one of the empty LCS options.

Just because the ill-received B&W TWD set is deeply discounted and unwanted doesn't mean that a TNBC exclusive would follow the same path.

Pk13:

I don't want to get into an arguement here, but I feel that your statement is an unfair presumption. I'm not DST's poster boy here. I've had my fair share of criticisms of their products in the past. Not everything they do is golden in my eyes. I also don't understand why you feel the need to criticize me when I'm merely trying to contribute to the discussion.

None of us know the cold hard facts on this. I'll ask Zach for more info tomorrow. Until then, I'd appreciate not being outed as a goody two-shoes when I'm just trying to be optimistic.

Regards

-CBMM1

Edited by CBMM1

You know what CBMM1? I'm sorry I singled you out. If you're having fun with what DST is doing then it's a dick move on my part to rain on that. I'm obviously not very thrilled with the state of things but that's my problem and not yours. I apologize for that post and hope you have a good rest of the convention.

Pk13:

Thanks. It's no big deal. I hope my comments weren't too harsh either. I've been running on about 5 hours of sleep each day, so when I got back to my hotel (exhausted) I wasn't expecting to see a post like that. I'm glad we worked this out because we all have a pretty good thing going here at the multiverse.

Ok! Now to go wait in one line for an hour to wait in another line for an hour to wait in another line for the chance to attend an Avengers signing!

Regards

-CBMM1

Edited by CBMM1