UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New License Speculation - Halloween ComicFest 2014

So far, all but one of these guesses has been incorrect.

Zach said this on page 5... yet Mass Effect was not even put forward!?

Is it possible this is another licence and not the Halloween ComicFest Minimate?

Edited by Pete

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, all but one of these guesses has been incorrect.

Zach said this on page 5... yet Mass Effect was not even put forward!?

Is it possible this is another licence and not the Halloween ComicFest Minimate?

Maybe due to that AskDST a couple of years back most crossed Mass Effect off their lists. That's why I never listed it and went with Metal Gear. As for the reactions though, they have been mixed to negative so far. Which is surprising (to me at least), since ME is regarded as one of the best VG trilogies ever made.

As for the license: Maybe they listed the single pack figure that Zach said the line would debut with. It is slated for October after all.

Slightly off topic here, but has anyone noticed that the quality of VG mates is often better than most? I've had many misfortunes with my Marvel mates but never with my VG ones. Also, should we open a new general Mass Effect thread, since the speculation is pretty much over?

Edited by Kostisfire

I love Mass Effect as much as the next guy, but as I said I'm hesitant about this one. I am even ok with blind bags. I just hope they're not Gamestop exclusives. I don't know about the rest of you but I groan at the thought of having to enter one of their stores. All of the ones in my area are dirty and messy. The employees are generally rude and unhelpful too. It's a bad experience all around. I hope they'll be available at specialty or TRU too.

I love Mass Effect as much as the next guy, but as I said I'm hesitant about this one. I am even ok with blind bags. I just hope they're not Gamestop exclusives. I don't know about the rest of you but I groan at the thought of having to enter one of their stores. All of the ones in my area are dirty and messy. The employees are generally rude and unhelpful too. It's a bad experience all around. I hope they'll be available at specialty or TRU too.

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from. But since I never was able to buy anything from a store, and had to order everything through online retailers and boardies from here, I've learned to accept such difficulties. Also, I don't think there'll be any GS exclusives. Maybe a dump, like Halo but that's it. I'm positive that just like the TMNT figs will be sold at Walmart (I think Zach said something like that in the turtle thread but I'm not that sure), Mass Effect, being a high profile game property and all, will be sold at a video game store.

So are we talking army dump or blind bags? The price point is throwing me. And is this really for Halloween?

Who knows? We know that we're getting Grim Fairy Tales minimates but it's not the Halloween license. We now know that we'll be getting Mass Effect mates and even though the price point indicates a single fig, the title says series one. If they are blind bags I will be dissapointed since I planned on buying cases and army buidling the alien races. At this point I think that we should wait until SDCC, or until Zach sheds some light on the situation. Man, this is going to be one of the best SDCC's ever, with all these announcements.

Edited by Kostisfire

I don't even know what that is...

Really? It's one of the best game trilogies ever made. Hell, even if you don't recognize the name maybe you remember the whole fiasco with the fans/ The one where they made EA create a bunch of different endings, because they didn't like the ones they received. Anyway, it's a space opera, kinda like Star Wars, but with a more complex story. Think about Halo plus Star Wars and Star Trek. The designs of the aliens, hmans, armors, factions, etc are, imho, some of the best ever made for a fictional universe.

Sorry, I'm just not a gamer, so I don't really keep up with any of it. The last game system I owned was a SNES if that gives you any idea of just how much I don't know about video game properties. Just no real time for them. I'm sure if the minimates look good, I'll try to get them regardless.

Have "Classic Horror Icons" been ruled out?

I'm talking:

Freddy

Jason

Chucky

Michael Myers

Ghostface

I know FUNKO has done all of these in POP! And are going to do ReAction for them. So why can't DST do a cumulative line of 'Mates?

Have "Classic Horror Icons" been ruled out?

I'm talking:

Freddy

Jason

Chucky

Michael Myers

Ghostface

I know FUNKO has done all of these in POP! And are going to do ReAction for them. So why can't DST do a cumulative line of 'Mates?

Mass Effect 2 was one of the best games I have ever played and I did really get to like some of the characters in the series; Specifically Thane, Tali, and Mordin. So I will definitely purchase some packs of those (Unless it has to do with the upcoming trilogy)

As for the Classic Horror Icons, I would definitely be down for that! Especially if it included Norman Bates. Luke did some Psycho customs a while back and ever since I saw those I have been itching for a legitimate release for a mini Norman (That sounds wrong...).

I don't think those have been eliminated as possibilities yet. As long as Freddy,Jason, and Michael Meyers aren't based on how they look in the remakes I would be happy with having them as minimates.

The license was confirmed guessed on page five, so anything that came after that can be ruled out. So, really, there's no need to guess. It's just a waiting game at this point.

I don't even know what that is...

Really? It's one of the best game trilogies ever made. Hell, even if you don't recognize the name maybe you remember the whole fiasco with the fans/ The one where they made EA create a bunch of different endings, because they didn't like the ones they received. Anyway, it's a space opera, kinda like Star Wars, but with a more complex story. Think about Halo plus Star Wars and Star Trek. The designs of the aliens, hmans, armors, factions, etc are, imho, some of the best ever made for a fictional universe.

Sorry, I'm just not a gamer, so I don't really keep up with any of it. The last game system I owned was a SNES if that gives you any idea of just how much I don't know about video game properties. Just no real time for them. I'm sure if the minimates look good, I'll try to get them regardless.
No problem. It's just that it's such a talked about game that it struck me as odd. But yeah, time restrictions is a huge problem nowadays.