UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New License Speculation - Halloween ComicFest 2014

Well...now this is VERY interesting. I didn't see this coming. I know what the new theme is, but I'm not telling. devil.gif

I will see if you guys can guess it.

Also: I won't flat out say it since I am not sure Zach and DST want it out there.

Edited by CBMM1

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...now this is VERY interesting. I didn't see this coming. I know what the new theme is, but I'm not telling. devil.gif

I will see if you guys can guess it.

Also: I won't flat out say it since I am not sure Zach and DST want it out there.

I believe they told retailers in Vegas. Depending on where you heard it, it may be out, I don't know.

I actually don't want to say what it is because I felt let down by the way I found out. No, I didn't hear it from Vegas. I happened upon it on an online retailer's website. It was a totally weird and random find. Needless to say I was shocked, but now I wish I had actually found out what it is from DST. There's no picture either, just a title. So in the end the whole thing is a bit of a bummer.

Trust me. You're better off waiting for the official announcement from DST.. I'm sure there'll be something at SDCC in 2 weeks.

I actually don't want to say what it is because I felt let down by the way I found out. No, I didn't hear it from Vegas. I happened upon it on an online retailer's website. It was a totally weird and random find. Needless to say I was shocked, but now I wish I had actually found out what it is from DST. There's no picture either, just a title. So in the end the whole thing is a bit of a bummer.

Trust me. You're better off waiting for the official announcement from DST.. I'm sure there'll be something at SDCC in 2 weeks.

Knowing the name and not seeing pics can be frustrating, that's true. At least is it something that many people are interested in, or is it something niche?

Edited by Kostisfire

Click for link. I think it'll be popular among common consumers. Maybe not so much on here. I don't know.

memegen.jpg

Seriously now, you just made my day! And a few hours before my birthday actually starts. Well, time to save up some serious cash. As for its popularity, with a new instalment coming soon and being one of the best franchises ever, yeah, I'll go out on a limb and say that it's going to make some good cash. Which is funny, since a few years back (2012, i think) they rejected DST's offer about minimates. There might be hope for DC after all.

I don't even know what that is...

Really? It's one of the best game trilogies ever made. Hell, even if you don't recognize the name maybe you remember the whole fiasco with the fans/ The one where they made EA create a bunch of different endings, because they didn't like the ones they received. Anyway, it's a space opera, kinda like Star Wars, but with a more complex story. Think about Halo plus Star Wars and Star Trek. The designs of the aliens, hmans, armors, factions, etc are, imho, some of the best ever made for a fictional universe.

I myself, am extremely excited for this and I'll try to buy as much as I can (i'll do my best to buy a case or two per wave). I want it to go on far further than another line which ended far too soon (Halo). I'll go more into detail (what i'd like to see, wishlisting, all the fun stuff) when Zach gives the ok to create a new thread.

Edited by Kostisfire

Bleh. I know Mass Effect is popular and a new one is coming out but I never found it interesting and never liked the designs.

At least DST finally listened and got video game mates into Gamestop in a single pack couter display. These should do well with casual consumers seeing them on the counter and picking up one/few.

Oh shoot these are single packs aren't they. I'm ok doing the Minimate thing at TRU but I hate Gamestop and I wouldn't feel as apt to buy them if they're exclusive to them. Oh well time will tell.

Edited by CBMM1

I noticed the 4.99 price point as well, and at first thought that it was a mistake. Now though, I'm leaning towards GameStop exclusive single packs. Maybe some army builders, like the Halo dump. This surely complicates things but the more exposure minimates get, the merrier.