UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New License Speculation - Halloween ComicFest 2014

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be. Otherwise we'd have gotten some promotional photos or something like that. It's been close to 5 months now and still no word on their status, whereas the BBC has given permission to people to create DW sets on LI. I don't know, I desperately want the new license to be DW, but I'm trying to keep my expectations low so that I won't be dissapointed (but based on the info we've got it could be Predator so it's a win-win situation).

But hey, I remember in 2012 when we were guessing the new line that would debut at SDCC. It was Thundercats and not TMNT but lo and behold, 2 years later, TMNT mates! Maybe this is the doc's year! The line has unlimited potential as the don't need to re-release the same characters in the same costumes as each Doc has a lot of different outfits. Tenant for example had:

-Tuxedo

-Meta-Crisis clone suit

-Blue suit

-Brown Suit

-Blue suit with coat

-Brown suit with coat

-After Regeneration/9's jacket

-Blue suit with jacket, hat and sunglasses (from the end of time part 1)

-3d Glasses

-Normal Glasses

-Human Nature Doctor

-Battle Damaged

-Satan Pit Suit

Add in some different hair styles and expressions and boom! And that's just for the 10th Doc.

God could you imagine how awful it would be if we had all those and weren't at least 30 waves in

I'm a huge Doctor Who fan (well everything before Steven Moffat got his hands on Doctor Who). But as much as it pains me to say unless it was maybe a line featuring all the Doctor Who's I think the time may have past for modern doctor, the ratings are still good but they arn't what they once were.

• 2 weeks later...

The wait for the reveal is killing me. I hope it is Predator minimates. I have no interest in Dr. Who minimates. I was probably ten years old the last time I watched an episode of Dr. Who. I remember he wore a trenchcoat and scarf and had brown poofy curly hair.

Have we ever tossed around the idea of some Elder Scrolls Minimates? This is something I could easily get behind, with new sets offering new armors, clothes, weapons, spell effects, and expressions.

Your first wave would have to include the major races:

Khajit/Redguard

Argonian/Wood Elf

Orc/High Elf

Nord/Dark Elf

Imperials and Bretons could wait as they are essentially just white humans like the Nord.

Alternatively, this could also be a good line for blind bagging. With less-than-unique characters, duplicates would just mean world building

Over time, you could build not just armies, but an entire world's worth of wizards, knights, cutthroats, and kings. I'd encourage later wants to include creatures like fire, ice, and storm atronarchs, falmer, and even the Daedric princes!

Edited by Mnemosis

Have we ever tossed around the idea of some Elder Scrolls Minimates? This is something I could easily get behind, with new sets offering new armors, clothes, weapons, spell effects, and expressions.

Your first wave would have to include the major races:

Khajit/Redguard

Argonian/Wood Elf

Orc/High Elf

Nord/Dark Elf

Imperials and Bretons could wait as they are essentially just white humans like the Nord.

Alternatively, this could also be a good line for blind bagging. With less-than-unique characters, duplicates would just mean world building

Over time, you could build not just armies, but an entire world's worth of wizards, knights, cutthroats, and kings. I'd encourage later wants to include creatures like fire, ice, and storm atronarchs, falmer, and even the Daedric princes!

I could get behind something like this. Warhammer 40k would make for some killer mates and i'd probably go bankrupt assembling a Chaos Marine army but it's never going to happen so why torture myself?

Back at the normal speculation it seems that TNBC and Predator are the frontrunners. I'm placing my money on Pred but i'd love it to be TNBC. If they could use the expanded universe then we could get some of Jack's alternate costumes which would help the line keep going on. Even without them though, you have these Jack variants only from the movie:

Pumpkin King

Normal

Santa

Battle-Damaged Santa

Pajamas

Add in some different expressions with some certain re-releases and you can easily get most if not all of the town's residents. For example:

Vampire 4 pack with the three brothers and Vampire Jack (expanded U)

Christmas 4-pack: Santa, an elf, snowman Jack and bd Santa Jack

Vehicle: Santa Jack, Sleigh and Zero

Series 1:

Normal Jack/Oogie Boogie

Normal Sally/Doctor Finkenstain

Normal Mayor/Witch

Werewolf/Devil

Series 2:

Ghosts/Pumkin King

Sad Jack/Sad Sally

Clown/Scared Mayor

Kid mummy/Tree with skeletons

Villains 4-pack: Glow in the Dark Oogie and Lock,Shock&Barrel

There are stil some minor monsters but you get the idea. Maybe have some "environment" packs that when assembled make the town. Slimy Jack and the fountain perhaps. Or if not, each character could come with certain accessories. Tombstones, a podium, jack o lanterns, scary toys, coffins, etc...

Edited by Kostisfire

Probably hear something today, PREVIEWS releases their order forms for next month's issue this morning.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/947

(Maybe? The comics news seems to be out there, nothing on the Minimate yet)

Nope, nothing on the order form for the new license.

New stuff...

JUL14 2033    TMNT MINIMATES FOIL BMB (C: 1-1-2)    11/26/14    SRP: $5.99     = $    SPOT    JUL14 2034    ALIEN MINIMATES 35TH ANN BOX SET (C: 0-1-2)    11/26/14    SRP: $19.99     = $        JUL14 2036    MARVEL MINIMATES CLASSIC X-FORCE BOX SET (C: 1-1-2)    11/26/14    SRP: $19.99     = $    
Edited by JeffBohn

Which plays into my theory that it's Nightmare before Christmas, since Disney wouldn't solicit in Previews. yes.gif

Not sure I follow you. We're launching the line with a figure we're offering to comic shops for ComicFest -- it'll absolutely be in Previews. Looks like we'll solicit next month.

I know I'm new and everything, but when you have the scoop ;

NEW YORK (AP) -- Lifetime is going back to the 1990s with a TV movie on the Saturday morning show "Saved By the Bell."

The network said Thursday that its film, "The Unauthorized Saved By the Bell Story," is being made in Vancouver and will premiere on Labor Day. It will examine the life of young unknown actors in Hollywood trying to maintain the clean image of their characters while growing up amid the temptations of show business.

Sorry guys it's SBTB!!!!!!!!!! jawdrop.gif

Which plays into my theory that it's Nightmare before Christmas, since Disney wouldn't solicit in Previews. yes.gif

Not sure I follow you. We're launching the line with a figure we're offering to comic shops for ComicFest -- it'll absolutely be in Previews. Looks like we'll solicit next month.

Well, poop.

Dang it.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Lifetime is going back to the 1990s with a TV movie on the Saturday morning show "Saved By the Bell."[/size]

The network said Thursday that its film, "The Unauthorized Saved By the Bell Story," is being made in Vancouver and will premiere on Labor Day. It will examine the life of young unknown actors in Hollywood trying to maintain the clean image of their characters while growing up amid the temptations of show business.

So, figures based on the made-for-TV movie where actors re-enact the personal experiences of the actual Saved by the Bell actors?

Count me in.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Lifetime is going back to the 1990s with a TV movie on the Saturday morning show "Saved By the Bell."

JGyYlqa.gif

Well, poop.

Sorry, but given that we were launching with a figure for ComicFest, I assumed it was a given the line would be sold in comic shops. But then, I have to ask, why would a Disney-based line not be in Previews? Or are you saying a Disney Store-exclusive line wouldn't be in Previews? The latter is correct.

Zach, is the new property something that you're a fan of? And is it something that may compliment another line that has been/will be released?

Yes, and no. I like the source material, but I don't know that it will complement anything we've made so far.

Well, poop.

Sorry, but given that we were launching with a figure for ComicFest, I assumed it was a given the line would be sold in comic shops. But then, I have to ask, why would a Disney-based line not be in Previews? Or are you saying a Disney Store-exclusive line wouldn't be in Previews? The latter is correct.

>>>Zach, is the new property something that you're a fan of? And is it something that may compliment another line that has been/will be released?

Yes, and no. I like the source material, but I don't know that it will complement anything we've made so far.

So Pred is out then (since it would compliment the Aliens line). What could it be, what could it be that has no relation to any of the lines made so far. Hmm... Dragonball maybe? Mortal Kombat? Metal Gear Solid? Spawn? A video game property?

Edited by Kostisfire