UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New License Speculation - Halloween ComicFest 2014

I never "got" Who personally, despite trying to watch it a couple of times. Some British things I get (Monty Python, Yes, Minister, guy from Mary Poppins), and some I just don't (Dr. Who, Red Dwarf, Mister Bean)

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from TMNT and Predator, I'm also going to guess Game of Thrones. It seems like they have more and more stuff produced all the time. They already have some GoT vinyl blind boxes. I believe they would work for Minimates as well. Which I would buy all of them.

That's my guess and part of my bankruptcy.

Edited by bzorio

Has Planet of the Apes ever been ruled out? Seems like a possibility.

pray.gif

Planet of the Apes would be my dream license at this point. As a kid, I played with Mego figures from that movie and the characters interacted with those of other properties, from Marvel and DC to Star Trek and Mad Monsters. If DST managed to offer POTA, my inner child would wet himself with glee.

That doesn't sound like a big deal of a license to me, no offense to fans of the films.

But does it sound like "kinda big news" or a "large-ish announcement?"

And is it appropriate for Halloween? I think most people are ignoring that aspect.

That doesn't sound like a big deal of a license to me, no offense to fans of the films.

But does it sound like "kinda big news" or a "large-ish announcement?"

And is it appropriate for Halloween? I think most people are ignoring that aspect.

Exactly. Something that would be a good halloween-ish debut. Not to mention hype generated by the new movie this year. Of course I'd have to buy multiples to Ape-ify so many other properties just for fun... Marvel Apes, JLApe, Apiens, Apebusters, Ape to the Future, Ape-inator...biggrin.png

:D

I think I started trying to watch the newest updated series, which didn't have him, but the guy who played Destro in the terrible GI Joe movie.

That season was over the top silly and the effects were weak. As Tennant and Smith come along, it gets unreasonably better all around. Writing, directing, and acting

biggrin.png

I think I started trying to watch the newest updated series, which didn't have him, but the guy who played Destro in the terrible GI Joe movie.

That season was over the top silly and the effects were weak. As Tennant and Smith come along, it gets unreasonably better all around. Writing, directing, and acting

Though the end of Smith's run started to lose surprises and place the importance on plot over character. Tennant's run, however, is a thing of beauty. If you do want to see Eccleston at top form however, the episode "Dalek" is something quite special. As is the two parter "The Empty Child" and "The Doctor Dances."

And if you want to see something crazy of Tennant's, everyone would say "Blink" but that is not a good episode to start with as it gives you nothing of the Doctor. Season 4 of the new series and the episode is called "Silence in the Library." It's part of a two parter with its sequel "Forest of the Dead." Both outstanding examples of Dr. Who.

so then its either Buffy, planet of the apes, resident evil, hellboy, silent hill, big hero 6, army of darkness, or golden girls

Wasn't Pred and TNBC thrown in here as well? My guess remains Pred but i guess Resident Evil is possible as well.

I'm sticking with Army of Darkness.

so then its either Buffy, planet of the apes, resident evil, hellboy, silent hill, big hero 6, army of darkness, or golden girls

Wasn't Pred and TNBC thrown in here as well? My guess remains Pred but i guess Resident Evil is possible as well.
If it was guessed more than once... it's probably not it. Edited by Pete

Depends how you interpret 'guess'. Did multiple people guess the same guess, or did multiple guesses guess the same license?

Either way, there's more than a few guesses already made that I'd like to see!

Also, guess is a funny looking word, guesses even more so.

Edited by JeffBohn