UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New License Speculation - Halloween ComicFest 2014

I think that the CB have been cancelled, since the BBC has allowed people to submit DW themed ideas at Lego Ideas (the new Lego Cuusoo). Previously it was forbidden and the site wouldn't accept any DW sets. There are some blind-box figs being made but i'm 98% sure that the CB line has ceased to be.

As for the designs yeah, Underground toys had comissioned them and dropped at the last minute. I did talk with the BBC marketing Supervisor last year though and he seemed really open to the minimate idea so there's that.

I hadn't heard about CB being cancelled, but I haven't been keeping tabs on it either. I just assumed since the newest wave with the 12th doctor was shown at the London Toy Fair that the toyline was still being made

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the CB have been cancelled, since the BBC has allowed people to submit DW themed ideas at Lego Ideas (the new Lego Cuusoo). Previously it was forbidden and the site wouldn't accept any DW sets. There are some blind-box figs being made but i'm 98% sure that the CB line has ceased to be.

As for the designs yeah, Underground toys had comissioned them and dropped at the last minute. I did talk with the BBC marketing Supervisor last year though and he seemed really open to the minimate idea so there's that.

I hadn't heard about CB being cancelled, but I haven't been keeping tabs on it either. I just assumed since the newest wave with the 12th doctor was shown at the London Toy Fair that the toyline was still being made

Really? I missed that and thought that they hadn't produced anything since the latest figure series. It's strange though, if CB is still going on, why allow lego sets to be made? The proposed set gained the support it needed in a couple of days so now's the turn of the review stage.

I've heard from a very reliable source that the new line is Golden Girls. The Halloween exclusive is supposed to be nude Dorothy and Rose. Absolutely frightening.

I'm on board. Especially if they have a crossover set with Empty Nest featuring Dr Harry Weston.

Really? I missed that and thought that they hadn't produced anything since the latest figure series. It's strange though, if CB is still going on, why allow lego sets to be made? The proposed set gained the support it needed in a couple of days so now's the turn of the review stage.

This is where I saw the mention of London Toy Fair. After looking more in the site it appears everything that was shown had no actual release dates on them so it's very possibly that the line is cancelled

http://doctorwhotoys.net/characterbuilding.htm

This is where I saw the mention of London Toy Fair. After looking more in the site it appears everything that was shown had no actual release dates on them so it's very possibly that the line is cancelled

http://doctorwhotoys.net/characterbuilding.htm

Could be. Otherwise we'd have gotten some promotional photos or something like that. It's been close to 5 months now and still no word on their status, whereas the BBC has given permission to people to create DW sets on LI. I don't know, I desperately want the new license to be DW, but I'm trying to keep my expectations low so that I won't be dissapointed (but based on the info we've got it could be Predator so it's a win-win situation).

But hey, I remember in 2012 when we were guessing the new line that would debut at SDCC. It was Thundercats and not TMNT but lo and behold, 2 years later, TMNT mates! Maybe this is the doc's year! The line has unlimited potential as the don't need to re-release the same characters in the same costumes as each Doc has a lot of different outfits. Tenant for example had:

-Tuxedo

-Meta-Crisis clone suit

-Blue suit

-Brown Suit

-Blue suit with coat

-Brown suit with coat

-After Regeneration/9's jacket

-Blue suit with jacket, hat and sunglasses (from the end of time part 1)

-3d Glasses

-Normal Glasses

-Human Nature Doctor

-Battle Damaged

-Satan Pit Suit

Add in some different hair styles and expressions and boom! And that's just for the 10th Doc.

Edited by Kostisfire

I've heard from a very reliable source that the new line is Golden Girls. The Halloween exclusive is supposed to be nude Dorothy and Rose. Absolutely frightening.

Don't believe everything BHM says it's just his wishful thinking

I'm a bit tired of the bullying that goes on here .

I'm a bit tired of the bullying that goes on here .

Are you out, Rob? Selling your collection, finally? :D

I'm thinking the blind bags will be the return of the maximum zombies line - they had them all set up and poof dissapeared when walking dead came along

I have always wondered if they were a test run to see how/if AA could do zombies. as in they were just a proving ground before production for WD.

As much as I'd like to see Maximum Zombies hit the shelves, I don't think DST is going to run a line of other zombies while TWD is still active. Don't want to cannibalize your a successful line (see what I did there? Eh? Eh?).

I think it has been said before that MZ was at least in part an attempt to show Skybound and Kirkman how minimate zombies could work.

I have definitely stated in print interviews and on camera that we had not been able to get Kirkman interested until he saw what we were doing with MZ, at which point we made the decision to drop MZ and focus on TWD. Luckily, we had all of those mangled body parts and guts ready to go!

But no, we will not do MZ while TWD is active.

And it is not Doctor Who.

Edited by DSTZach

Although I knew it wouldn't be, although I secretly hoped it would be, I am glad it's been confirmed that its not because I no longer have to contend with the nagging feeling that it might be so I nearly allowed myself the luxury of optimism & hope . I'm now content that I no longer have to contemplate impending future disappointment instead of dealing with it now which is slightly easier because I can now console myself that I was right although I so dearly wanted to be wrong.

Nomorutalk please.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Although I knew it wouldn't be, although I secretly hoped it would be, I am glad it's been confirmed that its not because I no longer have to contend with the nagging feeling that it might be so I nearly allowed myself the luxury of optimism & hope . I'm now content that I no longer have to contemplate impending future disappointment instead of dealing with it now which is slightly easier because I can now console myself that I was right although I so dearly wanted to be wrong.

Nomorutalk please.

My feelings exactly.

Thank God!

I may be one of three people on Earth who doesn't like Dr Who.

1161cdad7b3bfd50f522381824367dd7.jpg

I have definitely stated in print interviews and on camera that we had not been able to get Kirkman interested until he saw what we were doing with MZ, at which point we made the decision to drop MZ and focus on TWD. Luckily, we had all of those mangled body parts and guts ready to go!

But no, we will not do MZ while TWD is active.

Sigh. So it could be either Predator, TNBC or something else entirely. Half a month remains!

Thank God!

I may be one of three people on Earth who doesn't like Dr Who.

I dont dislike DW....but I cant say I have ever cared to watch it. Same goes for Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica. I dont have any interest in those properties.

Aside from TMNT and Predator, I'm also going to guess Game of Thrones. It seems like they have more and more stuff produced all the time. They already have some GoT vinyl blind boxes. I believe they would work for Minimates as well. Which I would buy all of them.

Edited by Ninja Mate