UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Blind Bag discussion!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its going to be 1/18 then isn't that more common that the ratios in a non god case of marvel?

Also we should consider our selves lucky that we have this community where I expect that there will be a subgroup popup for opened blind bag trades.

T.

Those were limited to 500, right? They are rare, in the grand scheme, but people forget that means there were not only 500 Justin Hammers, but only 500 Battle Damaged Hammer Drones, and those don't sell for nearly the amount as JH.

Zach has stated that the plan is for the chase to be a variation of another main character, I think.

*If* the license is TMNT, then you can bet that there will be more than 500 cases produced.

If its going to be 1/18 then isn't that more common that the ratios in a non god case of marvel?

Also we should consider our selves lucky that we have this community where I expect that there will be a subgroup popup for opened blind bag trades.

T.

Exactly!

another potential issue of the blind bag,

the inability to see the mate before purchase coupled with the ever present, paint and tampo issues will make getting a "good" complete set that much harder.

A fair point.

To counter, I buy most of my Minimates unseen online anyways, so it's not much different for myself and others who do so. Luke or BBTS or wherever don't let us pick the best paintjobs, unfortunately, lol. confused.gif

Plus, if you're buying a case, you're getting better odds anyways as if you were buying a case from the comic store (as I once did, when I could afford it). Heck, when I did, I'd even cobble together the perfect figures from multiple packs. It took all 4 Onslaughts from that case to make one I was completely satisfied with. :lol:

another potential issue of the blind bag,

the inability to see the mate before purchase coupled with the ever present, paint and tampo issues will make getting a "good" complete set that much harder.

A fair point.

To counter, I buy most of my Minimates unseen online anyways, so it's not much different for myself and others who do so. Luke or BBTS or wherever don't let us pick the best paintjobs, unfortunately, lol. confused.gif

Plus, if you're buying a case, you're getting better odds anyways as if you were buying a case from the comic store (as I once did, when I could afford it). Heck, when I did, I'd even cobble together the perfect figures from multiple packs. It took all 4 Onslaughts from that case to make one I was completely satisfied with. laugh.png

True, just saying its another potential issue, I know i had to go through three cases of TRU ASM2 to get find a flashback spidey with centered eyes

Edited by Mattallica

I rather enjoy the Lego blind bags. Usually I just hunt down specific ones for my kids, but I did grab all 16 of the Simpsons ones for myself.

If the minimate license is one I'm interested in, I'd probably just order a case. I suspect that feeling specific parts through the bags won't give away which figure is inside nearly as easily as Legos.

T.

Good points made Tim .

A non-god has the following breakdown :

12 sets of set 2 , 24 figures in all , 1 variant/chase figure .....1:24 .

The BB case will contain 18 items but it seems unlikely to me that there will be more than 5 +1(chase) different figures within it whilst a non-god has 6+1 (chase) . 5+1 figures doesn't seem enough to me ?

I'll make the point however that many variant Marvel minimate figures are pretty odd choices often chosen because they attract completists & might not otherwise be considered popular enough to sell to the mainstream casual buyer who doesn't want to pay extra for it. BTW it is beyond me why anybody buying a case of anything wouldn't buy a god-case ?? This prospective blind-bagged line won't be Marvel so my comments might not be totally relevant but what we can deduce is that the 1:18 chase figure won't be an odd choice because it will have to be pretty desirable/special otherwise nobody will want it .

As we are all still speculating with info beginning to eke out .......I'll speculate that there will be a chase figure over & above 1:18 . I'll protect myself by saying its just my speculation but this whole scenario doesn't stack up without something 'hot', 1:18 doesn't feel hot enough & it is my speculation that there will be others .

Edited by buttheadsmate

A case will contain a set. There will not be any figure rarer than 1:18. If there was, we would lose the "set in every case" selling point for consumers and the "rare in every case" selling point for retailers. Nobody likes to see "maybe" in a product description.

And there will be more like 8 figures in every assortment, not 5 or 6.

Not to reducto patronum again, but if we lose casual buyers who want to become completist collectors because of a hypothetically hard-to-acquire and/or expensive one-per-case paint variation on a main character, then so be it. We still have completist collectors who know what they want from the start, semi-completists who don't need the rare paint variant, cherry-pickers who only want the figures they want, and casual buyers who are happy with whatever they get as long as they get a main character or two.

Avada Kadavra!

I'm interested in the branding.

It seems like AA/DST has had trouble telegraphing the Minimates play pattern even when the figures can be seen through the window. I've never seen any mention of the toy's interchangeability. Hasbro recently jumped all over this in a larger, more expensive format using a window box. I know of at least one Minimates consumer who was disappointed that "the hair wasn't even glued on!"

Minimates are great by themselves and more poseable than most other products I've seen offered in blind bags. Still, the interchangeability would seem like a value-added feature that's wasted if it isn't mentioned, especially to a wider mass market.

A case will contain a set. There will not be any figure rarer than 1:18. If there was, we would lose the "set in every case" selling point for consumers and the "rare in every case" selling point for retailers. Nobody likes to see "maybe" in a product description.

And there will be more like 8 figures in every assortment, not 5 or 6.

Not to reducto patronum again, but if we lose casual buyers who want to become completist collectors because of a hypothetically hard-to-acquire and/or expensive one-per-case paint variation on a main character, then so be it. We still have completist collectors who know what they want from the start, semi-completists who don't need the rare paint variant, cherry-pickers who only want the figures they want, and casual buyers who are happy with whatever they get as long as they get a main character or two.

Avada Kadavra!

Illegitimi non carborundum Zach wink.png

So the breakdown is (?) :

1:18 ....1

2:18.....4

3:18.....3

& a case contains a set ........

That seems fair to me.

Edited by buttheadsmate
Lightbulb moment

Reason I dislike blind (in the context if places like target), every time I am in that section the blinds all seemed opened to see what's inside, and target seems to not mind...

I know LCs would be more observant, and I hate the feelers, you know who these guys are, the ones that feel them to try and pick also, one time (and I'm not joking), I saw some guy weighing Heroclix blinds, ha