UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Blind Bag discussion!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never say never but it seems like a long shot. I just love Asterix. Not TinTin so much, although they'd be fun Minimates.

Have not read much Lucky Luke, but I love Blacksad.

Sadly i don't know what Blacksad is (i'll do a google search) but Lucky Luke, Asterix and Disney comics (Mickey Mouse, Donald, Phantom Duck or as know in the US the Duck Avengers and Big Mickey) along with some Spider-Man reprints were my first forays into the comics world so i have a special place for them. TV show, i used to watch re-runs of B:TAS, The Batman, 2003 TMNT, 90's X-Men and 90s Spider-Man. Those were the days....

I sincerely believe that Asterix Minimates would outsell anything that has ever been previously sold in Minimate form if they were sold in Europe as well as the US.

Absoluetely! Asterix is HUGE in Europe! I'd say, if you ask 100 random people in Germany, more people have heared of Asterix than of Spider-Man or Batman. Actually, I'm pretty sure it would be like that.

Here we got the full name I think. I'm not sure though since my TMNT was the 2003 show but i'm fairly positive that we had the word ninja in.

The 2003 show was called TMNT here, too. But the 90s show was TMHT.

I sincerely believe that Asterix Minimates would outsell anything that has ever been previously sold in Minimate form if they were sold in Europe as well as the US.

Absoluetely! Asterix is HUGE in Europe! I'd say, if you ask 100 random people in Germany, more people have heared of Asterix than of Spider-Man or Batman. Actually, I'm pretty sure it would be like that.

>Here we got the full name I think. I'm not sure though since my TMNT was the 2003 show but i'm fairly positive that we had the word ninja in.

The 2003 show was called TMNT here, too. But the 90s show was TMHT.

Yeah, I know about the whole "ninjas are too violent" thing (i read it on Cracked a while back). I was talking about the old cartoon at first and then shifted to the 2003 one. I meant that, since I didn't happen to watch it, i had to go through my parents memories of it and they think that it was called Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles here. They might be mistaken though as many years have passed since then.

I hate blind bags, I really do, but considering it will be TMNT and the only reason I plan on getting the line is for custom parts blind bagging actually works in my favor. This way I can easily pick up a pack, or four, and be satisfied.

This also answers the question that has been rattling around the back of my mind how a line of nine or ten, not sure if there is one Foot soldier with lots of accessories or a standard trooper and a heavy trooper, into a single wave.

Now the only question is which color, translucent blue and clear, will be the standard and the chase figures.

Gotta say I'm totally against blind bags. It's a system designed to cause the customer to buy more product then wanted. I really can't understand why so many people at the customer side of the equation are cool with the arrangement.

It's gambling. Some people like gambling.

But with gambling there has to be some chance you come out ahead, Best case scenario with blind bags are that you want 8 figures and you only have to pay for 8 figures, what a win.

While picking up my Winter Soldier 'mates today, I had a discussion with my LCS owner about blind packaging.

Long story short, he's very accommodating and will order cases if anyone asks. Otherwise, it really depends on the property. TMNT is something he thinks he could move around Free Comic Book Day when he gets plenty of kids through the doors but he doesn't think Minimates based on the cartoon would sell with adult collectors, despite the amount of all-ages crossover enjoyed by properties ranging from Star Wars to My Little Pony. Comic-based? He'd give a case a try. Cartoon? Maybe next spring.

Another 2¢.

Not sure if this has been asked/answered yet or not. In a case of these blind bags/boxes, are the commons different than the 2-pack releases or the same? Because buying a whole case if only the chase is different than regular release is certainly not an incentive to buy a whole case.

The blind bags are being offered to comic shops and specialty stores later this month. I do not know if other packaging formats will be available at specialty, but some may appear at other retailers, depending on what they prefer.

I was in my comic shop to pick up the Winter soldier mates and was talking to the owner, who is also a minimate fan. We talked briefly about the blind bags, and all around cool cat (as Hellpop can atest to).

Two questions came up from him.

1. would the be bags, or boxes like the army dumps?

2.Price per bag/box (forgive me if this has been asked before)

I can't wait, and plan on bringing my son and two nephews down to pick out some blind packs!