UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Blind Bag discussion!

Zach said it would be too much work to make retailer exclusive blind bag assortments, so *if* these are carried by both big box and specialty, they *should* be the same assortments.

That's a win-win for MMMV members, not having to compete for these while bringing more exposure to the brand at national markets.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do also like the reasoning that most people in favour of the blind bags have that "As long as I have the cheat map everything is sweet". Where as far as I can tell outside of a notion of customer goodwill the seller had no great motivation to include an identifiable cheat when instead of buying eight figure you buy the whole case of 16 or maybe even a case and a half if you get them when you see them about.

Gotta say I'm totally against blind bags. It's a system designed to cause the customer to buy more product then wanted. I really can't understand why so many people at the customer side of the equation are cool with the arrangement.

It's gambling. Some people like gambling.

It is TMNT. I told 200-300 retailers at the retailer summit, surprised it hasn't trickled out.

Alien is getting a box set, then a series of two-packs, as it is currently planned.

TMNT Series 1 will be solicited in a few weeks.

So TMNT is a licence I know little about ....I know there are 4 turtle-guys & that's about it so who are going to be the characters in the selection ? Who might be the chase?

Edited by buttheadsmate

It is TMNT. I told 200-300 retailers at the retailer summit, surprised it hasn't trickled out.

Alien is getting a box set, then a series of two-packs, as it is currently planned.

TMNT Series 1 will be solicited in a few weeks.

So TMNT is a licence I know little about ....I know there are 4 turtle-guys & that's about it so who are going to be the characters in the selection ? Who might be the chase?

srsly? TMNT is pretty huge here. I grew up with them and can pass it along to my boys. This past weekend there was "Pop Con" here in Indy. One of the co-creators, Kevin Eastman, of TMNT was here and gave an art lesson to the kids during a panel. it was pretty awesome!

9290B18B-C0AD-4748-BFC9-3248E8D3958B_zps

My boys are the two younger ones with glasses. :) Kevin was a super nice guy!

Yes. Translucent Eiffel Tower chase.

TMNT was a little after your time, probably, BHM, although I'm not sure entirely how big it ever was in England back in the day. Today, I believe it is one of the top toy lines in the US, the UK, France and Japan.

BHM might remember it as 'Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles", I can understand his confusion. wink.png

'Ninjas' were tooooooo frightening over here in the UK .

Same in Germany. The word "ninja" was somehow banned in the 80s and 90s (when ninjas had their prime in the US). "Ninja Turtles" were "Hero Turtles". Anyone remember the Michael Dudikoff flicks called "American Ninja"? They were called "American Fighter" over here. The "Enter the Ninja" movies with Franco Nero were called "Die Killermaschine" which translates - you might have guessed it - "the killer machine".

I never really understood this.

Speaking of french-speaking characters ....this guy & his mates would make some awesome Minimates .......

post-638-0-33726400-1401809903_thumb.png

I'm doing my best to improve my French & I'm doing it by reading some of the Asterix books which are really bloody funny biggrin.png

I sincerely believe that Asterix Minimates would outsell anything that has ever been previously sold in Minimate form if they were sold in Europe as well as the US.

Le plan des lignes:

Asterix/Getafix

Obelix avec Menhir/Dogmatix

Officier des Legionnaires/Legionnaire

LE VARIANT: Caesar/Legionnaire

Le Set en Box:

Vitalstatistix

Le Bearer des shields

Le Bearer des shields

Cacophonix

Those cartoons are nearly unwatchable for me. Italy has better animation than France.

I have never seen the cartoon. Read the books!

Le plan des lignes:

Asterix/Getafix

Obelix avec Menhir/Dogmatix

Officier des Legionnaires/Legionnaire

LE VARIANT: Caesar/Legionnaire

Le Set en Box:

Vitalstatistix

Le Bearer des shields

Le Bearer des shields

Cacophonix

I don't know any French but I'm a big Asterix fan (Asterix and Lucky Luke are the biggest comics here) so that would be a dream license for me.

BHM might remember it as 'Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles", I can understand his confusion. wink.png

'Ninjas' were tooooooo frightening over here in the UK .

Same in Germany. The word "ninja" was somehow banned in the 80s and 90s (when ninjas had their prime in the US). "Ninja Turtles" were "Hero Turtles". Anyone remember the Michael Dudikoff flicks called "American Ninja"? They were called "American Fighter" over here. The "Enter the Ninja" movies with Franco Nero were called "Die Killermaschine" which translates - you might have guessed it - "the killer machine".

I never really understood this.

Here we got the full name I think. I'm not sure though since my TMNT was the 2003 show but i'm fairly positive that we had the word ninja in.