UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pathfinder minimates!-First box set revealed

I am not a table top gamer either, but I am slightly addicted to Skyrim and these figures all look like they could have walked out of that world, so I am totally on board with these. Happy to hear they will be made available to everyone. Thanks for the info Erik, and welcome to the board!

Also, this.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit I wasn't really keen on these but after looking at the photos more and more they are definitely growing on me. Then the publisher of the company putting them out comes on this board and let's us know what's up and I'm sold. That's the kind of PR I like to see. Great customer appreciation like that will win you my business every time. Now I'll be on the lookout for them to go on sale. I won't want more than one of each though. Maybe 2 of the Munchkin goblin so my wife can have one to play with.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

I would also like to thank Erik for stopping by, and apologize to everyone for not knowing more about these sets from the get-go. They moved pretty fast, and I didn't have a lot of details, as I was not really involved in the solicitation or packaging. I don't think I even saw any of them until Paizo made their announcement. I apologize for not doing more to promote them in advance, but it seems like it was right down to the wire. I hope I can eventually get a set to take some photos with!

Someone asked about new parts in the future, and I think Erik said that Paizo went with re-use (brilliantly, I might add) purely for timing reasons. The first box set has a LOT of new parts, and will be out at comic shops (and Luke's) in a couple of months.

...I know everybody knows about these, since it's the title of the thread, but I'm just gonna put this here, for people who wonder what on earth Pathfinder Minimates would look like with new tooling. :)

PathfinderMM1.jpg

I'll see if there is any control art I can share!

the elf girl in the far left doesn't seem to have a torso cover while at the same time seeming to have a scabbard behind her sword hand. Really looking forward to seeing more detail (hint hint).

Belts and torso covers, then. None are pegged in. I don't know if we've ever made a scabbard or sheath that was removable from a belt or torso cover.

Merisiel has a scabbard on the back of her belt. Valeros has one on the side of his armor. Harsk has axe-loops on his back. The Goblin does not sheath his knife. Ever.

Waiting for painted samples to release control art, lest everyone starts asking where Merisiel's coffee mug is.

What about Harsk's quiver, a slot for bolts or decoration?

"Decoration" makes it sound so fanciful, as if we threw it on there for effect, or Harsk wears it to make himself look good to the ladies.

It's non-functional.

Hey, not all dwarves/dwarfs can be born as dashingly handsome as Ori from the Hobbit...

Ori.jpeg

Edited by youbastards