UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pathfinder minimates!-First box set revealed

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all speculation at this point, but why do I have a feeling that a certain U.K. member bought up most of the goblins as soon as he (or she) found out Movie Mars was selling them?? Just remember who won the Revolutionary War you red coat S.O.B.

That's no way to talk to a lady ! He (or she) may well have bought more than one of each but his/her actions are not always selfish . wink.png

Regards that revolutionary war who won that ? Was it the Thundercats ? whistling.gif

-butthealsohelpshismate

Finally got my Movie Mars order yesterday. This was apparently the second package they've had shipped to me (I'm thinking the first one was never physically shipped though)

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the Munchkin Goblin. I thought I'd kinda like him, but he's growing on me a lot more than I originally thought he would

Did anyone army build Cairn Wight?

I bought one of each 2-pack with the Paizo winter promo code, so I figure by the time another code rolls around, I'll have a list of how many extras of each set I want.

A mash-up with TWD's Guts Zombie gave me my current default, who definitely matches Ostog's enthusiasm for battle.

wight_variant.jpg

Awesome photo, Showdown!

Day 3 of ToyFair just ended, and I'm happy to say I had a very productive few meetings with the folks at Diamond Select Toys. The Mystery of the Missing Minimates has been solved, and I expect all the remaining minimates to be shipped to Paizo shortly. When we get and inventory them, we'll put them up for sale on paizo.com.

We have "hundreds" to "more than hundreds" of the goblin promos, so if you're missing one, you should be able to fill your collection shortly. We'll be pricing them at $5.00/each, so they're even pretty reasonably priced as army builders, if you're so inclined.

Thank you for your patience.

We're also discussing more promos and other future plans, but it is too early to discuss any of that yet!

Also, you guys should know that the Diamond booth is packed with amazing Minimates from a variety of licenses. The Avengers 2 set looks amazing. I'm going to have to get the Vision for sure. He looks great!

If anyone has an Ostog hairpiece they don't need, please pm me!

Thor (Dark World) is the same hairpiece, albeit a different shade of yellow and is a much cheaper alternative.

I know, I just prefer the bleached blonde version :)

Awesome photo, Showdown!

Day 3 of ToyFair just ended, and I'm happy to say I had a very productive few meetings with the folks at Diamond Select Toys. The Mystery of the Missing Minimates has been solved, and I expect all the remaining minimates to be shipped to Paizo shortly. When we get and inventory them, we'll put them up for sale on paizo.com.

We have "hundreds" to "more than hundreds" of the goblin promos, so if you're missing one, you should be able to fill your collection shortly. We'll be pricing them at $5.00/each, so they're even pretty reasonably priced as army builders, if you're so inclined.

Thank you for your patience.

We're also discussing more promos and other future plans, but it is too early to discuss any of that yet!

Also, you guys should know that the Diamond booth is packed with amazing Minimates from a variety of licenses. The Avengers 2 set looks amazing. I'm going to have to get the Vision for sure. He looks great!

That's great news ,thankyou thumbsup.gif

You can get the Ostog 2-pace for $9.99 at Paizo.com.

So I'm not sure how "_much_" cheaper Thor is, really. :)

http://paizo.com/products/btpy98nz?Pathfinder-Minimates-Ostog-the-Unslain-Cairn-Wight

how "_much_" cheaper Thor is, really. :)

http://lukestoystore.com/marvel-minimates-series-53-thor-the-dark-world/$3.99 cheaper
Paying full MSRP + shipping is rarely the best way to go when looking for a single Minimate part, as with shipping from Paizo the total is almost $14.

As Baghead pointed out, the Thor Dark World wave has been at retailers for over a year now and often clearance prices are in effect. Plus, Luke is willing to ship loose figures for a reduced shipping cost. Also, if you have Amazon Prime, the Thor pack is $7.43 shipped or roughly half than $14.

I wasn't taking a crack at the Paizo price by any means, but I do find it odd that you choose to reply to my post (helping out a fellow member) regarding price, but didn't chime in one time when MovieMars was charging $6.66 per Promo Goblin when we were all in scramble mode. :(

Edited by youbastards

You can get the Ostog 2-pace for $9.99 at Paizo.com.

So I'm not sure how "_much_" cheaper Thor is, really. smile.png

http://paizo.com/products/btpy98nz?Pathfinder-Minimates-Ostog-the-Unslain-Cairn-Wight

how "_much_" cheaper Thor is, really. smile.png

http://lukestoystore.com/marvel-minimates-series-53-thor-the-dark-world/$3.99 cheaper
Paying full MSRP + shipping is rarely the best way to go when looking for a single Minimate part, as with shipping from Paizo the total is almost $14.

As Baghead pointed out, the Thor Dark World wave has been at retailers for over a year now and often clearance prices are in effect. Plus, Luke is willing to ship loose figures for a reduced shipping cost. Also, if you have Amazon Prime, the Thor pack is $7.43 shipped or roughly half than $14.

I wasn't taking a crack at the Paizo price by any means, but I do find it odd that you choose to reply to my post (helping out a fellow member) regarding price, but didn't chime in one time when MovieMars was charging $6.66 per Promo Goblin when we were all in scramble mode. sad.png

That's a fair criticism.

If you're looking to save money and the specific hair color isn't important, I fully support getting the Minimate part as affordably as possible. I was sort of posting in "casual mode" there, not so much trying to pimp Paizo.com as I was posting my surprise that it would be cheaper elsewhere. That was proven with a link, which is great.

To be clear, it really makes no difference to me whatsoever where people buy Pathfinder Minimates, so long as they buy them. I'd like to make more, and as long as there is unsold inventory it's a little more difficult to justify doing more of them. That's really the origin of my comment, and my POV.

As for MovieMars, I was absolutely livid when I read that they had the goblin promos, and expressed my concerns, as is proper, somewhere other than a public forum. As it turns out, there is a logical explanation for how that site got a few of the Minimates. I learned how it happened at ToyFair earlier this week, and it really isn't that big of a deal.

I didn't chime in earlier because the whole Minimates Mystery took far longer to unravel than I expected, and I had to back-burner the issue while I focused on other things, not really expecting it to be resolved. In that time, I didn't monitor this site as closely as I should have, for which I have already apologized and now apologize again.

I should not have done that, and I'm not trying to excuse it, but there you have it.

--Erik

Erik:

Thanks for clearing up the goblin stuff. I'm looking forward to being able to army build the different goblins.

I don't play anything Pathfinder/Paizo but I like monsters and stuff, so all of the Minimate releases from you guys are must-buy-multiples for me.

Re: new stuff you can't mention but are in the talks about... you NEED to make a MINIMATE SKELETON. yes.gif

Did anyone army build Cairn Wight?

I did. I army built the Cairn Wight to 4 or 5? And army built the ghoul's to 7. :)

Then I mix and matched some other parts to make different kinds of Wights.

In the process of army building all the goblins (minus Munchkin. He's cute but too cartoony compared to the rest of my Monster Series, which is what I buy all these monsters for).

That's a fair criticism.

As for MovieMars, I was absolutely livid when I read that they had the goblin promos, and expressed my concerns, as is proper, somewhere other than a public forum. As it turns out, there is a logical explanation for how that site got a few of the Minimates. I learned how it happened at ToyFair earlier this week, and it really isn't that big of a deal.

I didn't chime in earlier because the whole Minimates Mystery took far longer to unravel than I expected, and I had to back-burner the issue while I focused on other things, not really expecting it to be resolved. In that time, I didn't monitor this site as closely as I should have, for which I have already apologized and now apologize again.

I should not have done that, and I'm not trying to excuse it, but there you have it.

--Erik

I have been fairly verbose in my criticisms of the 'promo' distribution , frustration brings out the worst in me & this public forum was my avenue to vent my feelings .

Thankyou for your honesty & .......as I said earlier...... thankyou for the great news .