UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pathfinder minimates!-First box set revealed

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody able to post a picture of the skull on the cultists body?

Guessing the hood won't fit unless you cut the peg out (don't do it!)... but an idea of the head and body would be ideal.

Let me guess ......... Skeletor? me too biggrin.png. And I know of one other member thinking the same way. I got two, one for old skullface, and one for Faker

Guessing the hood won't fit unless you cut the peg out (don't do it!)... but an idea of the head and body would be ideal.

Let me guess ......... Skeletor? me too biggrin.png. And I know of one other member thinking the same way. I got two, one for old skullface, and one for Faker

I just hope the seller on Shapeways gets around to making the chest armor for Skeletor soon. He said it is on his to do list, so I am waiting patiently for an update. Maybe if a few others pm him asking for one he will get to it sooner :) Oh yeah, I have two sets of the way too. I can't wait for them to get here.

Mystery Man, on 15 Sept 2014 - 13:05, said:

It doesn’t fit, the hood has a peg and the skull doesn’t have a hole. But it’s worth noting the Skull is missing a tooth so if you are trying to make Skeletor it’s going to be the Mo-Lar variant.

Pro-Tip: Get an extra Blue Ghost Rider, his skull looks FANTASTIC in Isiem’s hood (and Isiem looks fantastic with his white hair so he won’t miss it) and that hooded skull looks great on Ghoul’s body.

Ghost Rider skull looks weird in place of the cultist head though, the color of the robes makes it look like a bath robe for some reason.

Mystery Man, on 15 Sept 2014 - 13:05, said:

It doesn’t fit, the hood has a peg and the skull doesn’t have a hole. But it’s worth noting the Skull is missing a tooth so if you are trying to make Skeletor it’s going to be the Mo-Lar variant.

Pro-Tip: Get an extra Blue Ghost Rider, his skull looks FANTASTIC in Isiem’s hood (and Isiem looks fantastic with his white hair so he won’t miss it) and that hooded skull looks great on Ghoul’s body.

Ghost Rider skull looks weird in place of the cultist head though, the color of the robes makes it look like a bath robe for some reason.

When I finally make Skelator (and I'm also waiting on some shoulder pads), this is the head I have set aside for him:

fig1234f2lg.jpg

I would agree that just based on the number of these that have hit eBay, I also have doubts that the entire inventory was sold at GenCon, unless either Paizo/Pathfinder fans are extremely loyal to the Paizo/Pathfinder brand or these were produced in numbers similar to the C2E2 MMMV promo.

Purely speculation, again just based on the amount that have hit the secondary market, but I think lost/misplaced/stolen inventory is a more realistic explanation.

Does that jive with your thoughts, Rob?

Ordered 2 x isiem and ghoul set & got my shipping confirmation!

The race is on BHM (I dredd to think of the size of the package you've got)

Just got my 2 2-packs, 10 days from order to delivery in the UK not bad

Some of the best minimates I've seen , perfect

I would agree that just based on the number of these that have hit eBay, I also have doubts that the entire inventory was sold at GenCon, unless either Paizo/Pathfinder fans are extremely loyal to the Paizo/Pathfinder brand or these were produced in numbers similar to the C2E2 MMMV promo.

Purely speculation, again just based on the amount that have hit the secondary market, but I think lost/misplaced/stolen inventory is a more realistic explanation.

My feelings entirely . Paizo can do what they like with these, they're their product & it's nothing to do with me how they 'promote' their product.....just don't ask me to congratulate them.

BTW if 'promos' actually 'promoted' then we would,for example, be on Wave 18 of Battle Beasts by now instead of having a defunct line consisting of 10 promos & 12 retail characters .

Edited by buttheadsmate

post-21-0-55481700-1411223771_thumb.jpg

Quick custom using the ghoul body and my skeletors parts, for anyone interested. I sure hope I'm not jacking this thread up, but figured this was discussed, and also the reason I bought two sets. I think the body matches up pretty darn good

Edit. I've been trying to load the picture but I'm not able to, I've tried about 7 times since last night.

Edited by Nervous Rex

My feelings entirely . Paizo can do what they like with these, they're their product & it's nothing to do with me how they 'promote' their product.....just don't ask me to congratulate them.

BTW if 'promos' actually 'promoted' then we would,for example, be on Wave 18 of Battle Beasts by now instead of having a defunct line consisting of 10 promos & 12 retail characters .

Not sure you can compare the two offerings, the two brands, or their relative fanbases.

I can't compare the offerings? Why not...it's uncomfortably true ?

Promos do absolutely nothing to promote anything except angst & if anybody wants to discuss that ....please bring it on dry.png

Did the Marvel line [what wave are we on now rolleyes.gif ] require promos ? If you discount the Gold & Silver BS items then that line has been 'promoted' by just one 'promo' in many many years.......Santa Spidey.

Imagine you're a random gamer at GenCon competing in some contest at Scotty's. For winning, you get a little figure of a goblin. You don't know what it is, but you like it. You find Paizo, and now you're exposed both to Pathfinder AND Minimates. That doesn't sound like effective advertising to you?