UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pathfinder minimates!-First box set revealed

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I wait for my order to show up I’m gonna throw some questions in the question pile:

1-Can Pathfinder Minimates be used in place of Pathfinder miniatures in an actual game? Can non-Pathfinder minimates be used or was my DM just a dick saying I couldn't play as the Mighty Thor because he wasn’t a gaming miniature?

2-The Battle Beast Spider’s legs could be repurposed into a very nice Dryder (or non-union equivalent), no? Just saying for when the next time quick reuse is a must...

I think the first one is always up to the DM's discretion. I mean I qc'd a bunch of legos of my party and all the guys loved them so much we used them. So if you've got a DM with no sense of fun, go find a new DM. Those kind aren't worth dealing with.

I figured I would have seen the goblins on their site by now. I really wanted the two goblins so I figured one of each of those two would be my limit. If I see they are on Piazo's site for a fairer price, I will order as many of each as I can afford. I would like three of each of the four exclusives to go with the number of 2 packs I ordered. So

I am sorry to hear others have had trouble with the Piazo site and placing an order. I was just surprized I was able get them ordered before they were out of stock.

Now I will watch for the goblins........and I will wait because if I was meant to get them then I will will see them on the Piazo site.

Thank you the information.

Edited by Captain Paco

I got mine today and these are fan-f**king-tastic.

Everything works so well its hard to believe these are all reused parts.

If hes still in stock when the goblins go up for sale Ill probably have to get another Isiem, he looks really fun with his hood up or down and I think I need both looks.

Edit, added photo:

post-1897-0-57607000-1410765399_thumb.pn

Edited by dr baghead

We're running into some inventory problems with the goblins. It's possible that we sold all of them at Gen Con. If so, we'll get Diamond to make more. Still trying to figure out exactly what's what.

When you know whats what, and if you have to make more, would they be packaged the same way for the convention?

I got my order from Paizo jut this morning.

I am happy I invested in three sets. I love the Ghoul and Cairn Wight. Lamia is nice as well. Isiem is a great looking mate too.

I don't plan to order any more until the goblins are available. I did get the two goblins I ordered on eBay but I so want some more. I would love to get three of each but I really would like one of each of the four promo goblins when all is done.

But anyway, I am very pleased and Paizo will keep me as a customer as long as they are in the Minimates business.

That's not the best of news. Will DST even do a second run? If they do, I hope it isn't any different packaging wise than the first. I specifically have not been buying these on eBay based on the promise made here by Paizo's publisher that I would be able to buy them at their site. If no second run is made, then I would imagine the already inflated eBay prices would be worse than they are now.

That's not the best of news. Will DST even do a second run? If they do, I hope it isn't any different packaging wise than the first. I specifically have not been buying these on eBay based on the promise made here by Paizo's publisher that I would be able to buy them at their site. If no second run is made, then I would imagine the already inflated eBay prices would be worse than they are now.

profess.gifDunno.gif I dislike scalpers.

Hey, folks. I'm Erik Mona, publisher at Paizo. I've been working with DST for more than two years to produce Pathfinder Minimates, and I'm thrilled to report that they were a big hit at Gen Con last weekend.

As you know, Diamond will be putting out a 4-figure boxed set in October featuring our signature goblin and three of our iconic hero adventurers. We'd originally hoped to have the set ready for Gen Con in August, when I have 60,000 gamers under one roof hungry for more Pathfinder coolness. Many of our tabletop gamer customers are not aware of Minimates, so it was imperative for me to use the convention as a way to get the word out about the line.

As it happens, I am a Minimates collector myself, so I was able to put together the 12-figure preview using exclusively pieces that DST had already sculpted for other models, since there wasn't time to get new tooling done by August. Luckily, the tooling for the Goblin figure had already been completed, so we were able to use that as the basis for our four goblin repaint promo bagged figures. The four 2-Packs are more or less random selections from our game, based on what looked coolest from Diamond's HUGE storehouse of completed components.

To start: YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET ALL OF THESE MINIMATES!

The four goblins sold out rapidly at the show, but we sent a full half of our total order direct to the offices for later sale on Paizo.com. The 2-Packs did not sell out, so we have lots of them coming back to the office with the rest of our booth and merchandise, winding its way by truck from Indiana to Seattle. It'll likely be a couple of weeks before we sort out everything, put it up on the site, and start selling it. Prices will very likely be $5/each for the bagged goblins and $10/each for the 2-packs. I'll announce them as live on sale in one of my Friday Publisher Preview blogs, very likely two weeks from tomorrow or very shortly thereafter.

As long as you're paying attention around then, I expect we have enough of everything to go around. Our company owners are some of the biggest Star Wars collectors in the world, and they have very strong feelings about getting screwed out of convention exclusives because they couldn't get to a con on a specific day on the other side of the planet. So all of our exclusives WILL appear on our website. I can't promise they'll last there forever, of course, but they will be there.

Here are links to the gallery images of all 8 2-Pack figures:

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lgcy?Friday-Publisher-Preview-Feeling-Iconic

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lgds?Friday-Publisher-Preview-Iconic-Heroes-Return

I'm happy to answer any other questions you guys might have about the Pathfinder figures. I'm really proud of what we were able to put together, and I suspect you guys are really going to dig these!

We're running into some inventory problems with the goblins. It's possible that we sold all of them at Gen Con. If so, we'll get Diamond to make more. Still trying to figure out exactly what's what.

Erik ,regards "trying to figure out exactly what's what " ......after reading your first post again.......... I feel the same way .

Anybody remember the good old days when you could just buy the stuff you wanted ?

Let's not get too worked up just yet. By all indications this is a legit company making an earnest attempt to broaden the minimates market and to provide us with some great looking characters. They seem to honestly want to provide the convention figures for sale but let's remember that this is a new product launch for them. Some bumps are to be expected.

I would not worry about if the second run will be made, it's Paizo that has decided to make these exclusives and I am sure they can put in another order since it is their license. The license holders have a lot of power over their products and Diamond wants to make sure they are happy, though I could be talking out my ass,

I also would not worry until we hear something official saying there are no more. Even if that is the case Paizo has always made their promos available on their website and we have seen once exclusive mates (such as some of the Ghostbusters ghosts) show up in 4 packs. If worst comes to worst they could do a paizo.com goblin 4 pack of the gencon promos.