UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pathfinder minimates!-First box set revealed

Worst thing is, that every 2-pack has one "character" and one army builder. So if you want to make an army of, say, Cultists and Ghouls for your Marvel Hell display, you can't.

Worst thing is, that every 2-pack has one character and one "army builder." So if you want to get all of the characters, you probably can't, because you'll have to fight all of the people who want to army build Cultists and Ghouls for their Marvel Hell display for a limited supply of leftovers on the website.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst thing is, that every 2-pack has one "character" and one army builder. So if you want to make an army of, say, Cultists and Ghouls for your Marvel Hell display, you can't.

Worst thing is, that every 2-pack has one character and one "army builder." So if you want to get all of the characters, you probably can't, because you'll have to fight all of the people who want to army build Cultists and Ghouls for their Marvel Hell display for a limited supply of leftovers on the website.

Yeah, that'll be a problem as well. I myself won't buy more than 1 wave (if I manage to buy even 1), since this is so unexpected that I didn't gather any extra cash. But even then, it'd be kind of a dick move to buy more than one when the supplies are so limited. If individual figures show up on ebay though down the line I'll try to buy a couple more.

Besides, I doubt this'll be the only time we see these figures. They'll probably change some colours, expressions,etc and release them again down the line so that everyone can buy them.TBH, on one hand I'm really happy that they'll be available now, but on the other hand I'm worried that I won't manage to get them. Oh well, that's collecting for you.

So...according to all of the info Lobby posted above, there are going to be 4 2-packs ($10 each) and 4 individual Goblins. Some of the Goblins will only be available as giveaways during the show, but all should be available in limited quantities on the website after the convention.

Thats what I understand.

I think that's the problem I have with the availability these, they all look too good to be this limited. sad.png

Exactly. Everyone is both a potential army builder and custom fodder. Their site has the 2-packs marked as "Back-Order". Maybe they'll put the remaining ones up after the show?

Edited by Kostisfire

I think that's the problem I have with the availability these, they all look too good to be this limited. sad.png

Exactly. Everyone is both a potential army builder and custom fodder. Their site has the 2-packs marked as "Back-Order". Maybe they'll put the remaining ones up after the show?

Can you post a link to where they were found on the site? I had trouble navigating the store.

Can you post a link to where they were found on the site? I had trouble navigating the store.

Here you go: http://paizo.com/search?q=minimates&what=all&includeUnrated=true&includeUnavailable=true

From the chatter I've been seeing on Paizo's board/blog, it seems people are mostly interested in the exclusive gaming miniatures. I don't know if I would rush to the conclusions that 1) these were produced in quantities any lower than normal exclusives, 2) there's a run on them, and 3) we're going to be locked out of getting these completely.

Of course, I could be wrong, like usual.

From the chatter I've been seeing on Paizo's board/blog, it seems people are mostly interested in the exclusive gaming miniatures. I don't know if I would rush to the conclusions that 1) these were produced in quantities any lower than normal exclusives, 2) there's a run on them, and 3) we're going to be locked out of getting these completely.

Of course, I could be wrong, like usual.

Well, that's good to know. It's just that I don't have the best luck with exclusives so I'm a teeny, tiny bit anxious.

At this point, the availability of these figures makes or breaks the line for me. I'm not a fan of Pathfinder, but I love the designs of these. Missing a single box set from a convention is something I can handle and afford to buy at a higher price on ebay. An entire wave plus four singles is just ridiculous. I don't think I could rationalize buying future box sets if I'm missing 12 characters from the get go. It would be much simpler just to skip the line if I can't get these set affordably. I'm not pointing fingers or jumping to conclusions, I just hope I'll be able to get these figures.

Also a question for Zach: Who decided on having so many exclusives for this event?

Edited by CBMM1

Oh I hope my post didn't come off as panicked. I was just stating my stance as of now, not knowing all the details. I'm hoping for the best like everyone else.

I just find the number of exclusives for a convention of this sort strange. It's not like we're talking about SDCC here! It seems excessive.