UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pathfinder minimates!-First box set revealed

I was opening up some of my recent acquisitions last night and came across an interesting packaging variation for the Pathfinder 4-pack. I purchased 2 direct from Paizo and 1 from Amazon. The package from Amazon did NOT have the sword/sheath for the Human Ranger included. It wasn't on the figure and the tray did not have a slot for it like the 2 I got from Paizo. Also the art on the cardback of the Amazon package was a bit more saturated so the colors were a darker. I didn't realize the differences until I had already cut them open and taken everything out or I would have snapped a picture. Anyone else notice this?

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I only bought one so I had nothing to compare it to. I do know that ink saturation can change throughout a single press run. Was the card stock the same or was one a little thinner than the other?

The cards were identical other than the coloring. Given that the differently colored card and missing sword were the same package I think they were separate runs. Maybe after they realized they left out the sword they reran them?

50 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

I was opening up some of my recent acquisitions last night and came across an interesting packaging variation for the Pathfinder 4-pack. I purchased 2 direct from Paizo and 1 from Amazon. The package from Amazon did NOT have the sword/sheath for the Human Ranger included. It wasn't on the figure and the tray did not have a slot for it like the 2 I got from Paizo. Also the art on the cardback of the Amazon package was a bit more saturated so the colors were a darker. I didn't realize the differences until I had already cut them open and taken everything out or I would have snapped a picture. Anyone else notice this?

The colour difference could easily be a printing QC issue , I doubt very much that there is too much necessary with Minimate packaging . That's not meant to be a snarky comment it's just reality . The fact that there seems to be a different tray is far more interesting although I can't imagine why anybody would go to the trouble of designing a different tray ?

Are the figures the same ? Same serial numbers on the waist -piece?

33 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

The colour difference could easily be a printing QC issue , I doubt very much that there is too much necessary with Minimate packaging . That's not meant to be a snarky comment it's just reality . The fact that there seems to be a different tray is far more interesting although I can't imagine why anybody would go to the trouble of designing a different tray ?

Are the figures the same ? Same serial numbers on the waist -piece?

I didn't think to check the serial numbers and like a dummy threw out the tray already. The tray was definitely different. There was no slot for the sword/sheath and it wasn't included on the figure unless it fell off when I was taking it out of the package. It was a big "open and toss the packaging" night so everything went into baggies and I may have missed the sword. I'll take a look tonight at the serial numbers.