UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pathfinder minimates!-First box set revealed

Ugh....sounds like getting these GenCon exclusives is going to be both expensive and a real chore...

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2r8r7?Gen-Con-2014-Exclusives

Erik Mona announced 12 exclusive Pathfinder Minimates available at GenCon. They're going to be all over the con, and the city, so if Minimates are your thing, you are going to have a lot of leg work ahead of you. There would be one exclusive to Scotty's Brewery, another exclusive to another restaurant, one you would need to score a critical hit at the PFS treasure chest. He also went into a few details about the different exclusive Minimates: there will be a Razmiran priest, a Licktoad tribe goblin, and KonKrud, the sickly goblin that was a con exclusive last PaizoCon.

Erik Mona Publisher, Chief Creative Officer Thu, Jul 10, 2014, 01:17 AM

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Plot-idol.jpg

Stay tuned for a full checklist on the MiniMates and how to get them. Good photos of all of them are imminent, and without that a big post on it sort of loses its oomph.

We'll have a unique Pathfinder Battles figure as a sales promotion, given free with any purchase of $50 or more. (An exclusive Minimate kicks in with purchases of $100 or more).

We also have plans to distribute at least one more figure via more mysterious means somewhere at the con. You're going to have to be at the right place at the right time for this one, I'm afraid. It's a surprise.

We always keep back significant quantities of all promotional miniatures for later sale on Paizo.com. We realize not everyone will be at the show, so missing out won't mean missing the miniature entirely, as long as you pay attention to the website.

golem-tiny.gifErik Mona Publisher, Chief Creative Officer Saturday, 01:15 PM

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Plot-idol.jpg

The Munchkin Tavern and Scotty's Brewhouse figures are limited-edition goblin Minimates, and are for sale for $5 each.

Another Minimate will be available through the prize/token program in the Pathfinder Society area (Sagamore Ballroom).

Another Minimate is available free with a $100 purchase at the Paizo booth in the exhibit hall (Booth 203).

The booth will also have a limited edition Goblin Raider Pathfinder Battles repaint available free with a $50 purchase.

The "mystery item" is also a Pathfinder Battles figure. I don't want to reveal more about it at this time.

Edited by youbastards

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We always keep back significant quantities of all promotional miniatures for later sale on Paizo.com. We realize not everyone will be at the show, so missing out won't mean missing the miniature entirely, as long as you pay attention to the website."

They do a lot of business on their Webstore, including a few exclusive non-Minimates products we've made them in the past, so hopefully most will be there for retail price, and any that aren't don't run you too much or prove too hard to find.

"We always keep back significant quantities of all promotional miniatures for later sale on Paizo.com. We realize not everyone will be at the show, so missing out won't mean missing the miniature entirely, as long as you pay attention to the website."

They do a lot of business on their Webstore, including a few exclusive non-Minimates products we've made them in the past, so hopefully most will be there for retail price, and any that aren't don't run you too much or prove too hard to find.

I hope so. Because even if somebody were to try to gather them all I doubt he could. Thing is the exclusives sound extremely cool and I'd hate to miss on them.

I hope so. Because even if somebody were to try to gather them all I doubt he could. Thing is the exclusives sound extremely cool and I'd hate to miss on them.

Challenge accepted. ninja.gif

Challenge accepted. ninja.gif

c849971aa7e8d7ec41f817da91f0050621c5c6d5

Also, has anyone read the comics? I read a couple and I really liked the world they have constructed so I'm fairly excited about these. Honestly though, SDCC is going to be bonkers! Mass Effect, Pathfinder, Marvel, GFTplus all the other licenses and that is only on the minimate world. You've got the Marvel movies, DC, Hot Toys, etc..

• 3 weeks later...

And they're almost entirely parts reuse. This is how to show off Minimates' strength as a customizable, swappable line.

I am very, very excited for these!

Quoted for truth. These look really different from everything we've gotten so far and yet, they use no new pieces whatsoever. You know, that was a line that I thought would get a box set or two and then fade away, but I'm glad to see that the opposite is happening.

PS: Will these be available this Thursday? Like, tomorrow? I recently came into some cash that would be enough for the wave, but I was saving them in order to pre-order 3 of the Foes box set.

I really like the packaged shots here:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?1816-Final-Pathfinder-Minimate!#.U-uKNPldU41

Reminds me a bit of the kinds of wacky fantasy toys you would find in the '80s that I had a few of here and there. Blue demon guy is probably my favorite of the bunch.