UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pathfinder minimates!-First box set revealed

the elf girl in the far left doesn't seem to have a torso cover while at the same time seeming to have a scabbard behind her sword hand. Really looking forward to seeing more detail (hint hint).

Belts and torso covers, then. None are pegged in. I don't know if we've ever made a scabbard or sheath that was removable from a belt or torso cover.

Marvel

Series 9 Blade

Series 25 Ska'ar

Exclusive Taskmaster

Curse of Mutants Blade

Deadpool Corps Deadpool

Battle Beasts

Vorin

Antalor's knife

Also the case could be made for Thundercats Lion-O's Sword of Omens dagger form fitting into the claw shield and then onto the belt peg.

There are likely more but those are the ones in my collection, but as the saying goes "the more you know".

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love a harness like the one Captain America uses to carry his shield or like the Chris Redfield harness only with two peg holes instead of a peg. This way you could connect accessories where the accessory has the peg to a standard figure. DST could reuse it for scabbards, backpacks, jetpacks, He-Man, Chewbacca carrying C3PO, etc. It seems currently most back accessories can only connect to a torso piece like a cape or a bulked up chest piece and its a shame.

Edited by pappymojo

I meant hip/waist scabbards, but I wasn't specific, sorry. Most of those are on the back, although Deadpool Corps Deadpool has a harness (not dissimilar from what Pappy Mojo wanted).

But you're right, I forgot about Antalor's wee little knife. And Lord of the Rings, although that's pretty far back, and technically we didn't make those. I think we've since realized that sword-sized waist scabbards can pop out too easily if they're not permanently attached. My paint sample Captain Hook scabbard was not glued, and it came off all the time.

...These still don't have that, that I can see.

Ok, thanks for all the interest and questions, folks! I'm back from Dragoncon and a short vacation that followed, so apologies for being out of communication since my last post.

First things first: The four Minimates 2-packs from Gen Con are currently available for preorder on Paizo.com!

http://paizo.com/store/blog/v5748dyo5lghc?Where-the-Brave-May-Live-Forever

We're still cataloguing the promotional goblin figures after Gen Con, so those aren't on sale yet.

Thanks for your interest in Pathfinder Minimates!

Thanks for posting. The figures look great and I hope you have a lot of success.

Q1) will there be any other accessories not shown in the images?

Yes. The Ghoul has two sets of hands. One set are claws, and the other are normal "human" hands (albeit in a color that matches its skin) holding viscera and organs, from a Walking Dead zombie figure. It also comes with an alternate skull head.

There may be a few other pieces here and there. Isiem comes with a purple swirl of magic that he can stand in. I think it's from the Strange Tales Doctor Strange set, again in purple instead of red.

Q2) depending on success of these sets, do you think future sets/figures would incorporate new parts?

The October 4-pack is loaded with new parts. Whether there will be more of those is really up to Diamond, and I imagine it will depend on sales. I've got plenty of the Gen Con 2-Packs left after the show (they sold pretty well, but we ordered more than we needed for later sale on paizo.com, which just started presale today). I plan to reconnect with Diamond Select Toys later this week to discuss where we go from here. I suppose it's possible that con and paizo.com exclusives would get new pieces, but I'd guess it's relatively unlikely. A lot of the new pieces will likely come in the 4-packs distributed to game and comic stores like the one coming in October.

Q3) any character types (armored knights, dragons, something else) that you, personally, would like to see developed?

I'm really interested in "army builder" type creatures of common fantasy gaming monsters like goblins, orcs, skeletons, and other stuff like that. I'm probably less interested in dragons or big monsters that really push the mold (heh) in terms of the base Minimate design, but I suppose anything is possible!

Thanks for letting us know, Erik, but I'm getting an error when I try to view my cart after adding all 4 packs.

Weird. I just did the same thing myself and it worked fine. Maybe try it again in a little while? Try logging out of the site and logging back in and see if that works. Every once in a while a ghost "instance" of the site persists after it should have been executed, and the logout/in shuffle is a good way to summon a new instance.

Sorry about the trouble!

To start: YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET ALL OF THESE MINIMATES!

Happy, happy Cappy dance!

Erik, I am already on the Paizo email list -- will you also announce when the 'Mates come online via the mailing list?

The weekly mailing list is compiled from the store blogs. Since today's blog is about the Minimates, it should appear in this or next week's "This Week at Paizo.com" store email.

Ok, thanks for all the interest and questions, folks! I'm back from Dragoncon and a short vacation that followed, so apologies for being out of communication since my last post.

First things first: The four Minimates 2-packs from Gen Con are currently available for preorder on Paizo.com!

http://paizo.com/store/blog/v5748dyo5lghc?Where-the-Brave-May-Live-Forever

We're still cataloguing the promotional goblin figures after Gen Con, so those aren't on sale yet.

Thanks for your interest in Pathfinder Minimates!

My interest completely waned when I saw the shipping costs............ laughable if it were funny .

edited: unnecessary profanity,sorry !

Edited by buttheadsmate