UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pathfinder minimates!-First box set revealed

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very much doubt that there will be 3000 of each exclusive but I cannot see there being less than 1000 .

Do you think there were 1,000 MMMV blanks produced, Rob?

Shane would know better than I ......whilst Zach would know for sure .

The distribution of them at C2E2 was methodical rather than the 'free-for-alls' I have witnessed at SDCCs ...no-one (including me) was walking around with pocketfuls .

Two friends helped me with the pub goblins & the 2-packs. Not sure how to get the other two goblins, though.

How are they quality wise? I've noticed that usually the non Marvel mates have this "different" plastic, if that makes any sense. Do these have the same "feel"? Also, any weird Calico Jack-esque accessories? Edited by Kostisfire

I don't have them in hand yet. As of late yesterday afternoon, they were still in Indianapolis 4 hours away in the hands of two separate people, one of whom lives in upstate New York. I won't see the figures in person for awhile, I assume.

Bummer. Anyway, thanks for the update!

With the four-pack. I think these are being regarded as purely convention exclusives, like the translucent and gold Vorins for BB, or even the translucent turtles, and not a traditional "wave."

Also, as I understand it, they were produced at the behest of and with the funding of Paizo, so they, not DST, get to decide who these are being marketed to. I don't think it's fair to treat this as a botched line launch just because they're not marketed first to the hardcore Minimates fans (as much as we'd like to think we are the immovable center of the Minimate universe). I also suspect this is why Zach has kept relatively quiet about these -- no sense in further provoking a hornets nest that does a good job of stirring itself up.

All that said, It's unfortunate that they are all unique characters rather than (somewhat) easily-ignorable variants.

Edited by Lobsterman

Zach do you have any info on the accessories for these? In the four pack picture, the elf girl in the back left appears to have two knives on her belt and perhaps a scabbard for her sword. She may also have knives attached to her harness on her pack. Are the knives removable? Does the scabbard hold the sword and attach to her hip? The guy second from the right is holding his scabbard in his hand. Does that attach to his body anywhere?