UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Just getting around to this...

Hello Everyone,

I have been a member on here for over two years now, and I finally decided to formally introduce myself.

My Minimate addiction started when I was much younger. I was an avid collector of 6" Spider-Man figures but had limited knowledge of the comics they came from. One day my family took a day trip to Monterey, CA and we happened upon a comic book store. In a store filled with brightly colored toys and collectibles, one display caught my eye: A beam in the middle of the store stocked full with shelves of Marvel Minimates. It was around the time of the earlier waves and box sets. I snatched up as many as my parents would let me get, and eagerly anticipated our next trip back (Being young and naïve, I didn't get the concept that there were other comic shops closer to home:headslap:). Every time we went back, I bought more, and thus began the addiction.

I loved Minimates because they had all of my favorite Spidey heroes and villains, and my parents loved them because they were small and cheap. I attribute my wider knowledge of MARVEL and comics in general to the variety of Minimates that I have purchased over the years. As I have grown older, my interest and appreciation of the line has expanded, and I love the different licenses that Minimates encompass. (I am having trouble finding space for all of them)

I joined the Multiverse in 2012, yet I haven't posted much. I find that my life is so busy that I barely even have time to lurk anymore. As summer approaches, I anticipate that I will have extra time on my hands. I look forward to getting into more conversations with you fine folks.

See you in the Forums,
CBMM1

Edited by CBMM1