UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (TV) - Discussion {Spoilers}

Bob Harris

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he has some visable cybernetics or metal work. The only thing you see at the moment on the show is the centipede booster and the other giys with the eye implant be fore this look normal. I will be very surprised if he looks in anyway like the comic and will prob be deathlok in name only. More the bionic man than killer cyborg.

plus point it brings Deathlok into the public eye more. So thats 2 characters the show has brought into the Marvel Movieverse Graviton and Deathlok.

I hope he has some visable cybernetics or metal work. The only thing you see at the moment on the show is the centipede booster and the other giys with the eye implant be fore this look normal. I will be very surprised if he looks in anyway like the comic and will prob be deathlok in name only. More the bionic man than killer cyborg.

Same here... I really hope he doesn't end up like Cyborg did on the Smallville series. (damn DC/WB/CW)

Awesome news! Glad to hear J. August Richards will be an important player.

So thats 2 characters the show has brought into the Marvel Movieverse Graviton and Deathlok.

Technically 3 if you count Blizzard in the last episode.

I didn't know that was Blizzard as I didn't recognise the secret identity name. thanks for the info.

I'll admit, I laughed when I read "formerly considered for a big screen film!" as a credential for Deathlok.

I don't know, Deathlok seems like it would be a fairly easy movie to pull off as a stand-alone story. He's kind of just a black RoboCop, only instead of a cop, he's an assassin/killing machine.

• 1 month later...

So my friend called me and dropped some news.

"Did you see the new Agents of Shield?"

"No. I stopped watching that with the second episode. It is just not very good writing."

"It's okay."

"Sure, we'll go with that."

"Whatever. Lorelai showed up along with Sif."

"Sif? Really?"

"Yeah."

"Is it the same actress?"

"Yeah."

"Huh. I wonder if it was a Thor 2 cross-- Did you say Lauren Graham?!

"I was waiting on that. Yeah."

"Be right back. I've got to go catch up on this show."

I love Lauren Graham. wub.png

"No. I stopped watching that with the second episode. It is just not very good writing."

"It's okay."

"Sif? Really?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

So how disappointed were you when you found out it wasn't Lauren Graham? Are you and your friend still talking? ;)

Sif episode was good. The show has been improving.

I don't know if my expectations were too high or what but I thought it was a weak episode. I've been watching it from the beginning and I'll say it's been a roller coaster ride. (A kid's roller coaster ride at that.)

I watched a couple of episodes and bailed out. A co-worker told me it was getting better, so I watched a couple of episodes and bailed out. I hope it succeeds, but its just not for me. Its too "x-files" (but not quite as cool) for me. I like Coulson, but not the show.

"It's okay."

"Sif? Really?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

So how disappointed were you when you found out it wasn't Lauren Graham? Are you and your friend still talking? wink.png

Very and yes.

Seriously, I have given this show MORE than a fair chance. I'm out.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether they will renew for season 2, I really haven't enjoyed the show till they introduced Deathlok and more comicverse aspects but now would like to see if they can redeem themselves.

I must be in the minority as I like Agents. I can see it getting another season but not sure after that. The big selling point for me is if they do more cross over stuff with the Movies. (The Marvel documentry on movie universe did say that Agents fits and fills in between the 2 Avengers movies.)

I would love to see some heroes an not just the Movie ones. Give Agents a few cameo's from some lower lvl heroes and I could well believe its ratings will rise.

If they can crossover with characters from Hell's Kitchen (Netflix), that would be cool. As it is, the show is losing me. I've really WANTED to like it but it's way too bland for my tastes. It's as if it's trying to appeal to everyone by not offending anyone (if that makes sense to anyone else).

I'll understand if it gets canned but I still feel it's got lots of potential on a different network.

Here's the catch 22. Under another network the show would be better, because they would have to face the near constant threat of cancellation. On ABC, they've gt the whole powerhouse of mouse behind them, showering them with money. So they are relatively secure. But the show... sucks.

IDK, I have been having a really difficult time finding any television that is smartly written, not boring, and I can enjoy. Bates Motel was the last (american) show I've seen in some time that managed to hold my interest with the smart writing. Though even it had major flaws. Outside of that I've been having to import my television from Korea. Sad.

I don't remember if TV was always this bad, or if movies have gotten much smarter in recent years and widened the gap?

I don't love the upcoming Deathlok costume, but it hardly seems worth much complaining about.

I did a little searching online and it doesn't seem anyone besides comic fans who want the show to be canceled actually think it will be canceled. Given the money put into it and the potential to keep using it as a tool to promote the MCU that's much of a surprise.

Here's the catch 22. Under another network the show would be better, because they would have to face the near constant threat of cancellation. On ABC, they've gt the whole powerhouse of mouse behind them, showering them with money. So they are relatively secure. But the show... sucks.

IDK, I have been having a really difficult time finding any television that is smartly written, not boring, and I can enjoy. Bates Motel was the last (american) show I've seen in some time that managed to hold my interest with the smart writing. Though even it had major flaws. Outside of that I've been having to import my television from Korea. Sad.

I don't remember if TV was always this bad, or if movies have gotten much smarter in recent years and widened the gap?

Person of Interest. Every episode impresses me.

I actually feel the opposite, that TV today is better than it has ever been in the past. Breaking Bad just wrapped up--the second greatest show I've ever seen. Then you've got Game of Thrones, Hannibal, Boardwalk Empire, House of Cards, Mad Men (maybe sometimes boring. . .), Justified (maybe not always smartly written. . .), supposedly True Detective is phenomenal though I can't see it yet. Just quality show after quality show.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the latest episode and while the outside look of Deathlok is really naff looking there was something cool for the fans in one seqence which shows under the skin.

shield-vs-deathlok-e1396212114748.jpg

Maybe if the series continues long enough we will see Deathlok evolve or devolve into the look we want as the blow bits of skin away.