UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusive Speculation

My childhood to your childhood: stick.gif

I can't tell you exactly how much I enjoyed playing with that figure as a kid. But. . .just imagine how awesome you thought it might have been, and multiply it times 10, and you'll be about 1/2 way there.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got nada, just spent the last 1/2 hour scouring the internet for Minimates related news from the retailer summit. sad.png

Next up was Diamond Select Toys. Most products were already announced and shown previously. I did learn that the next Comic Con should have an exclusive Marvel Minimates Days Of Future Past variant cover in the manner of the Minimates Electro vs Spider-Man Amazing Spider-Man 1 variant that was done. Sounds neat. Minimates was brought up by other comic store owners with various sets moving slow. Some ideas were maybe having more vehicles or playsets to go with the various sets.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/20/rodman-comics-went-to-las-vegas-a-diamond-retailer-summit-report/

Last year we got the "Wolverine Saga" set as a kind of unofficial SDCC tie-in to the "The Wolverine" movie, maybe we're getting a new X-Men themed set to do the same with DoFP using 616 versions of characters from the movie?

- classic Mystique (needed villain redo)

- classic Toad (Zach hinted at getting a new Brotherhood member a while back)

- Big name hero (Wolverine, Professor X, Storm, etc)

- Supporting hero (Rogue, Iceman, Bishop, etc)

Please, please, please, please, please...

He meant anything MORE, Ninja Mate. We've been talking about that for a page already.

The report was accurate, it just focused more on what one guy wanted more than what we actually announced. And I think there was a second big announcement about Comic Fest, but I was not there.

Edited by DSTZach

He meant anything MORE, Ninja Mate. We've been talking about that for a page already.

The report was accurate, it just focused more on what one guy wanted more than what we actually announced. And I think there was a second big announcement about Comic Fest, but I was not there.

I did not mean to insinuate or instigate and I appologize for not reading or missing that earlier. please forgive me.ninja.gif

Edited by Ninja Mate

One is a license announcement/ComicFest reveal, and if they didn't announce it, or no one paid attention, I need to see if there is a more high-profile way to go about it. Preferably with art. It might be a bit early, too. It's kinda big news.

The other is something that's not necessarily going to be received with open arms by people around here, so I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to announce it. It's good for the brand, since it's good for sales to retailers and to draw in new fans, but some existing collectors may not appreciate it. And I really don't feel like shifting into super-defensive mode right now. I've been traveling since 4:30 a.m., and I'm almost home.

I'm all for anything that helps keep the brand alive. If it's for me, great. If not, it'll be for someone else I'm sure. Bottom line is that DST is cranking out plenty of Minimates I enjoy so there's no need to rain all over someone else's parade. :)

(It's Planet of the Apes, isn't it.)

The other is something that's not necessarily going to be received with open arms by people around here, so I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to announce it. It's good for the brand, since it's good for sales to retailers and to draw in new fans, but some existing collectors may not appreciate it.

>sniff sniff< Uh Oh. I smell blind bags/boxes.

Actually, I'd be totally down for it but I know some others around here won't.

The other is something that's not necessarily going to be received with open arms by people around here, so I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to announce it. It's good for the brand, since it's good for sales to retailers and to draw in new fans, but some existing collectors may not appreciate it.

>sniff sniff< Uh Oh. I smell blind bags/boxes.

Actually, I'd be totally down for it but I know some others around here won't.

That's my guess as well. Since I usually buy a Mystery mate everytime I order from Luke's I'm sure I'd be down for some blind bagged Minimates (Blind Bags aren't so bad when they have a clear code on them like the Kreos, it's when they're random dots like Lego or changed codes every 2 weeks like Mega Bloks that I get annoyed)

Ehh if it's blind bags it's no biggie. They usually have a code and if not it should be easy to tell who is who.

Also, if these are meant to bring in new customers, they'll probably just be main characters which we already have many, many versions of.

I actually like blind bags, between codes or feel method you can usually figure out which ones are which. If it got mates into more big retailers all the better. They often are a way to slip in an obscure character here in there as a short pack.