UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusive Speculation

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to apologize, lobsterman, that's certainly very cool! $60 for 30 Kreons? Good deal. Curious how different the paint schemes are from the regular releases. Three new figs is nice, although I can see some collectors being sad about that. Also curious to see the Kreon mullet. That Transformers rock band sounds crazy, as well! Wish we had the market saturation (and con budget and manpower) to attempt something like what the biggest toy company in the world is doing. smile.png

But I remember when we revealed the Iron Man 3 Hall of Armor set, and people were mad about Pepper's availability in a $50 box set with 8 (or 9) re-issues, even though it was not our first movie Pepper. Cool packaging goes a long way, I'm sure, but that can add a lot to the price, as well. Not sour grapes, just noting similarities. I have bought exactly two TF Kreons, and I am not a completist, so I have no strong feelings about it, other than it being a cool concept and good-looking set. I'd be curious to visit some TF Kreon fan boards and see what they say.

At the risk of being called inferior by Fwoosheyman again, keep this under your hats for now:

http://diamondselecttoys.com/diamond-select-toys-nickelodeon-tmnt-sdcc

I think part of the difference is that most Kreons were released in the big Kre-O block sets, so you either had to pay for the set just for the Kreon or buy them loose. Being able to get a complete set of Autobots and Decepticons seems very attractive to those that might have passed on Kreons until now. As someone that's bought some loose Kreons, but got tired of Ebay and blind bag hunting, I'm torn.

The translucent turtles are very cool.

I never got a Kreon figure--not even Flint and Zartan--but the idea of packaging so many cool looking characters together in that box is very appealing. If I can somehow catch it on Hasbro Toy Shop, I'll get it. Weird though in that we get Arcee, Ultra Magnus, and Perceptor, who weren't '84.

I never got a Kreon figure--not even Flint and Zartan--but the idea of packaging so many cool looking characters together in that box is very appealing. If I can somehow catch it on Hasbro Toy Shop, I'll get it. Weird though in that we get Arcee, Ultra Magnus, and Perceptor, who weren't '84.

Zartan hasn't been made yet has he? I just got into the GI Joe Kre-O's and I'm hooked.

Is there anyone here who can help me out with picking up a Transformers Class of '84 set?

Edited by Tetton517

Zach - There looks like there will be a lot of new minimate stuff on show at SDCC for new licences, but do you know if will you be unveiling anything new in the way of Marvel minimates at the show? Line-ups for upcoming specialty or TRU waves, Proto-types of upcoming series, design sheets for anything we haven't seen yet,etc....?

Not sure if we'll have 60/19 ready and approved by then,

Oooh - i hope you do! pray.gif

Three assortments are still upcoming, mind you.

Yeah, i thought there might be a bit much in the pipework already to expect any big Marvel reveals this con.

Thanks for such a prompt reply, mate.

At the risk of being called inferior by Fwoosheyman again, keep this under your hats for now:

http://diamondselecttoys.com/diamond-select-toys-nickelodeon-tmnt-sdcc

Try this one: http://sdccblog.com/2014/07/diamond-select-toys-opens-comic-con-lounge-debuts-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-products/

Now, can anyone help me out with these? Please!?

I'd love a couple of Umbrella Academy box sets.

Since we've gone from speculatin' ta radom wish-listin', how'z about some 'mates based on The Goon? I hear slack-jawed zombies are all the rage dese days.

Hellboy will forever remain at the top of my minimate want list until it's made. The Mezco Comic Hellboy & BPRD figures are still some of my absolute favorites.

It really is a license perfect for Minimates. From anchor characters like Tick, Arthur, Chairface Chippendale, Barry Hubris Tick...to lesser known characters like Bi-Polar Bear, The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight, The Terror and his son Terry...

h356EBDFC.jpg

"Zenescope Entertainment will be ofering over 10 different exclusive items and specials during Comic-Con, including variant covers, MINIMATES, calendras, and the very special Wonderland Omnibus."

Edited by CBMM1