UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusive Speculation

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so bottom line: Saga and Hellboy Minimates, let's get on those, right?

wink.png

I personally think Hellboy is a great idea, I have never asked Chuck what the likelihood is. He may have wanted the movie timing, and licensing got tied up. But maybe comic shop sales alone would carry it. Keep asking him in Ask DST. (He hates when I do that.)

I did it, Zach, one more time! See if you can put my questions in the next Ask DST please.biggrin.png

It really is a license perfect for Minimates. From anchor characters like Tick, Arthur, Chairface Chippendale, Barry Hubris Tick...to lesser known characters like Bi-Polar Bear, The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight, The Terror and his son Terry...

Bright, colorful, goofy superheroes and villains that have been relatively ignored for the last 20 years.

Hellboy will forever remain at the top of my minimate want list until it's made. The Mezco Comic Hellboy & BPRD figures are still some of my absolute favorites. The Tick, Madman and Dick Tracy would be fantastic additions to minimates as well.

I´m with you, guys! Hellboy would be awesome specially the comic book universe.

I really would like to see figures as Rocket pack Hellboy, Hellboy as Anung un Rama, Baba Yaga, Gruagach, Hecate as a Iron Maiden... even a Wild Hunt members army dump!

You have different hellboy options enough to make some boxsets with him in them!

Planetary too! We can get 3 waves at least!

We have Elijah Snow, Jakita Wagner, The Drummer, Ambrose Chase, The Four (Randall Dowling, Kim Süskind, William Leather and Jacob Greene), John Stone, Anna Hark, her father, Axel Brass, Jim Wilder, Lord Blackstock and all the others children of the century!

I'm down with The Tick but I'd be surprised if DST grabbed the license. I imagine it's a low royalty but aside from Minimates and maybe Select figures, I'm not sure what other product categories make sense. (A spoon-shaped bottle opener?)

Plush "talking" Speak

No need to apologize, lobsterman, that's certainly very cool! $60 for 30 Kreons? Good deal. Curious how different the paint schemes are from the regular releases. Three new figs is nice, although I can see some collectors being sad about that. Also curious to see the Kreon mullet. That Transformers rock band sounds crazy, as well! Wish we had the market saturation (and con budget and manpower) to attempt something like what the biggest toy company in the world is doing. :)

But I remember when we revealed the Iron Man 3 Hall of Armor set, and people were mad about Pepper's availability in a $50 box set with 8 (or 9) re-issues, even though it was not our first movie Pepper. Cool packaging goes a long way, I'm sure, but that can add a lot to the price, as well. Not sour grapes, just noting similarities. I have bought exactly two TF Kreons, and I am not a completist, so I have no strong feelings about it, other than it being a cool concept and good-looking set. I'd be curious to visit some TF Kreon fan boards and see what they say.

At the risk of being called inferior by Fwoosheyman again, keep this under your hats for now:

http://diamondselecttoys.com/diamond-select-toys-nickelodeon-tmnt-sdcc