UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusive Speculation

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see the giveaways, I now only live one state away from SDCC so I cannot wait to come up next year and be able to say I've seen the glorious chops in more than one state.

Thank you Zach!

No pics, but its looks like 2 single mates from Grimm Fairy Tales will be exclusives, according to toychest news...

Zenescope Little Red Riding Hood minimate

Zenescope Dark Nissa minimate

5.99 each, 7-23 release dates.

I can't make the links work, but they are listed in the upcoming releases

No pics, but its looks like 2 single mates from Grimm Fairy Tales will be exclusives, according to toychest news...

Zenescope Little Red Riding Hood minimate

Zenescope Dark Nissa minimate

5.99 each, 7-23 release dates.

I can't make the links work, but they are listed in the upcoming releases

Nope, not GFT.

GFT is not the Halloween ComicFest license, nor the last exclusive two-pack I was talking about.

More on GFT later, but Minimates is a brand, not a line. Not every line we put out under the Minimates brand is for kids. Walking Dead, Aliens, Platoon, Kill Bill, Sin City, Pulp Fiction, Jay & Silent Bob...

Great, more slutty versions of popular characters that I can't share with my daughter. For a supposed children's line, there sure are a lot of bimbos in it.

If you mean minimates... Then thats odd, since a lot of properties over the years have been from Rated R/M games.

If you mean Grimm Fairy Tales... Then, lol, take a look at Zeniscope's offerings.

What I mean is, we've heard several times over the years that Minimates are primarily a children's toy, not an adult-driven collectible. When figures of... questionable taste are released, it's kind of hard to justify.

I'm not sure what the context was, but I find it hard to believe we ever said that ALL Minimates are for children, since we've always maintained an adult section for Minimates collectors. Desperately Seeking Susan was never intended for children. Platoon, Fistful of Dollars... If Godfather and Beverly Hills Cop had ever happened, I'd have an even better argument.

Some people might say that Femme Fatales were of questionable taste, but taste is subjective. I don't think we ever in any way planned to market Walking Dead Minimates to kids, but the zombie-loving kid market turned out to be a lot bigger than any of us thought. Not saying these will be bought by kids, but I doubt the designs will be as risque as Tarot was.