UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusive Speculation

Oh, no comic gotg totally makes sense from that standpoint.

So does not tied to a current storyline mean just not anything like Original Sin related or does it mean nothing from what is currently being printed?

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No new stuff, hmmm. Well, here's my more realistic guess (still with an X theme):

Updated villain: Bulked Up Apocalypse (he was in the poll and they are crossing off more and more characters and he could use an update)

X-Men Legacy Rogue

Updated Gambit

A new Bishop (Mesiah Complex look)

We get an updated villain with Apocalypse, a much needed costume with Rogue (my favorite), a much needed update of a sought after character with Gambit and another X-Man in a different costume.

I'd like to see that X-Force set as well, since I could use a new Cable and Domino.

Edited by Kostisfire

Last year we got the "Wolverine Saga" set as a kind of unofficial SDCC tie-in to the "The Wolverine" movie, maybe we're getting a new X-Men themed set to do the same with DoFP using 616 versions of characters from the movie?

- classic Mystique (needed villain redo)

- classic Toad (Zach hinted at getting a new Brotherhood member a while back)

- Big name hero (Wolverine, Professor X, Storm, etc)

- Supporting hero (Rogue, Iceman, Bishop, etc)

They might save Apocalypse for his big movie thing...

Last year we got the "Wolverine Saga" set as a kind of unofficial SDCC tie-in to the "The Wolverine" movie, maybe we're getting a new X-Men themed set to do the same with DoFP using 616 versions of characters from the movie?

- classic Mystique (needed villain redo)

- classic Toad (Zach hinted at getting a new Brotherhood member a while back)

- Big name hero (Wolverine, Professor X, Storm, etc)

- Supporting hero (Rogue, Iceman, Bishop, etc)

I'd be happy with this lol.

I would love a Maximum Carnage boxed set with Shriek, Doppleganger, Carnage, & Carrion but with the fact that Lukes is releasing that awesome Spidey 4 pack I don't see that happening. Would be very cool though.

Not based on a current storyline means based on a past storyline. It's not a random collection of characters people want.

Watcher was in a lot of classic storylines, and ISN'T in Original Sin. Not saying he's in this set, but saying it rules him out is incorrect.

No AFX set that I know of.

Not based on a current storyline means based on a past storyline. It's not a random collection of characters people want.

Watcher was in a lot of classic storylines, and ISN'T in Original Sin. Not saying he's in this set, but saying it rules him out is incorrect.

Thanks for clarifying, but wasn't Watcher in the first issue of Original Sin? Maybe I'm mixing up character names.

I'm trying to think of major storylines that have obvious holes or are in need of an update. Are any of the iconic storylines having a milestone anniversary this year?

AvX is still missing a phoenix five Namor and Magik.

Edited by Zylek

2014 is the 30th Anniversary of the original Secret Wars!!!

{sigh}....I'm old.... sad.png

20th Anniversary of the start of the Clone Saga too!

Geez, 2013 was the 20th Anniversary of X-Men's Fatal Attractions, some missed opportunities there! I really want an "Adamantium-removal in process" Wolverine variant, and we have those nifty new symbiote tendrils!

Edited by youbastards

Ugh, I want Uatu so bad.

But a past storyline...

Dark Phoenix Saga?

Skrull/Kree war?

House of M?

Infinity?

Infinity is getting a tru poll.

Yeah, but didn't we also have 2 AvX boxsets 2 years ago? SDCC with the Extinction team and TRU fanpoll with some other characters

You are correct. But are there enough Infinity related characters for both a poll and a 4-pack?

Thanos

Thane

Maximus

Black Bolt

The Black Order (Ebony Maw, Black Dwarf, Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, Supergiant)

The Avengers (Carol Cap Marvel, Ex-Nihilo, Nightmask, Starbrand, Abyss)

The Illuminati (Doc Strange,Ape-Beast, Namor, T'Challa, white suit Reed, Godkiller Iron Man)

The Inhumans

Now, we could get these in a SDCC set:

Doc Strange (Illuminati-a new costume)

Ex-Nihilo (Avengers-new character)

Thanos (Bad Guy-much needed update)

Nightmask (new character)

And have these in the poll:

Carol, Maximus, Stabrand, Namor, T'Challa, Proxima Midnight

Thanks for clarifying, but wasn't Watcher in the first issue of Original Sin? Maybe I'm mixing up character names.

I'm trying to think of major storylines that have obvious holes or are in need of an update. Are any of the iconic storylines having a milestone anniversary this year?

AvX is still missing a phoenix five Namor and Magik.

Uatu was in Original Sin 0 along with Sam Alexander and in OS 1 for a few pages before being murdered.

@Kostisfire, yeah, I feel like there would be enough for it to cover both. The Inhuman Royal Family are in a large need of a making, but even then, just some new Avenger costumes and looks and throw in villain like Thanos or Black Maw or Proxima Midnight to level it out, and you can still have enough characters to make the Fan Poll totally exciting.

Did anything special come out in 2004? I can only think of a New X-men's Planet X arc, lol. Xorneto, Quitely Emma, and probably another Wolverine.

Well since X-Men is the big summer movie I'm guessing it will be X-Men and based on the comic version of 'Days of Future Past".

- Mystique (she needs a redo, big name, she led the brotherhood in the comic version, seems to be doing the same in the movie)

- Destiny (has no chance outside of a boxset and a SDCC exclusive is a good spot for her)

- Old Wolverine (Big Name, famous design, needs a redo)

- Kitty Pride (Key player in the comic, needs a redo)

No idea on the Walking Dead boxset.

Very disappointed there are no AFX exclusives. They usually have a few and SDCC has always been plentiful for minimate exclusives. oh well two boxsets and a two-pack are better than nothing. Gotta hope for quality over quantity.

Very disappointed there are no AFX exclusives. They usually have a few and SDCC has always been plentiful for minimate exclusives.

Yeah, kind of bummed about that myself. Zach's statement from last year, "expect the unexpected and don't expect the expected" has turned out to be true on many levels lately. I get the sense that AFX put a lot on the line with the Alpha Flight exclusives a couple years ago, and when they turned out to be critically-acclaimed but sales flops, AFX really had to step back and reevaluate how much they were going to invest in Minimates exclusives going forward. Last year's playing-it-safe offerings at SDCC seemed to presage that (and aside from the Deadpool set, even those seemed to linger), and now it's looking like they're really not interested in taking chances on getting stuck with inventory.