UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusive Speculation

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, technically, I didn't say that Grimm was the "next-best-selling comic title." I said it makes sense for us to look at SOME of the next-best-selling titles, and I said it in a conversation ABOUT GFT. And #278 sounds low, but I think that's pretty much top 100 for non-Marvel-or-DC. And the ranks above GFT are FULL of Minimated properties:

157. Invincible

173. Star Trek

Then why are we getting GFT if they're so low in the ranks? I feel like properties are all now "one and done" and it's a huge disappointment. And Zach, don't get me wrong, you're the best but don't tell me Trek is still on the table in the next few years because that spells more re-releases of what we just got.

Invincible IS as deep a property as Walking Dead, popularity isn't there obviously but you could run TONS of box sets and waves. Don't get me started on Star Trek, I should have known when all the captains were thrown in all together, there'd be nothing to anchor other waves so we weren't getting anything else.

I'm ranting here but it's pretty frustrating to see these properties lie stagnant while new properties are popping up left and right.

Well, technically, I didn't say that Grimm was the "next-best-selling comic title." I said it makes sense for us to look at SOME of the next-best-selling titles, and I said it in a conversation ABOUT GFT. And #278 sounds low, but I think that's pretty much top 100 for non-Marvel-or-DC. And the ranks above GFT are FULL of Minimated properties:

157. Invincible

173. Star Trek

Then why are we getting GFT if they're so low in the ranks? I feel like properties are all now "one and done" and it's a huge disappointment. And Zach, don't get me wrong, you're the best but don't tell me Trek is still on the table in the next few years because that spells more re-releases of what we just got.

Invincible IS as deep a property as Walking Dead, popularity isn't there obviously but you could run TONS of box sets and waves. Don't get me started on Star Trek, I should have known when all the captains were thrown in all together, there'd be nothing to anchor other waves so we weren't getting anything else.

I'm ranting here but it's pretty frustrating to see these properties lie stagnant while new properties are popping up left and right.

Sorry you're frustrated. I think I've said why were doing them: the book is actually high-ranking as far as non-Big Two and non-licensed books go, fairy tales are hot, we've been talking to them about doing product for a long time (very long), and we are sold in a lot of the same outlets, so we know the size and enthusiasm of the audience.

And this is not affecting Star Trek or Invincible in any way, shape or form, both are continuing or not continuing on their own merits. Star Trek is neither "one" nor "done," and Invincible was part of a package deal and never planned as a full line. Neither was an instant sellout, and as I've said elsewhere about other lines, few people write in asking about them.

If it makes you feel better, consider this a revival and continuation of Femme Fatales.