UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusive Speculation

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see what the situation is with FF. Ant-Man looks like it'll be fun -- I want a Paul Rudd, and I'm sure I'm not alone -- but to each their own.

I would have been a lot more interested in Ant-Man before the whole director fiasco, now I could really care less if the movie even gets made. I think a box set would be the most it merits, there aren't a lot of characters in it that I'm aware of. And please skip the remarkably not-Fantastic Four.

Was the Thorpool, Cablepool etc. box set really the best selling in Marvel 'mate history?

DOFP is a must have!!!

TWD I pass. I got the series 1 just now and have luck finding Shane and Glenn packs in an auction that ended incredible low!

But I think that the Black & White figures is a great idea if more packs are made. This boxset make a perfect couple with the BW Dale from the beginning of the story. If more figures get this style it can be a good alternative collection directly from the comic pages!

Another great thing about this box set is--classic Claremont/Byrne X-Men! C'mon, complementary TRU 2-packs!

10454195_373636369441644_1895871772_n.jp

This body could also be used for future Storm.

g93a099f7.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

wolverines jacker didn't need new tooling, could have even used this with the badge painted over and i would have been okay hah

fig1515flg.jpg

Shouldn't be too tough to strip the gold paint off that jacket if you would prefer that. Personally, I wouldn't go for it because the sculpted badge would be too distracting.

okay ive sorta known this was coming for a long time, i believe i even speculated this exact line up (including the kelly face) in other threads

i love the look of this set for what it is. It is a great choice for an SDCC exclusive as such a famous comic book and with the film out im sure it will sell well

I was going to be content with one set until i saw Kitty's jumpsuit, I may need to invest in a few to create a mutant concentration camp line up

another fantastic set of minimates (and thanks for the new Mystique guys!)

EDIT: hey Zach, any chance the back art of the box set is the wall from the famous cover? id love a print of just that wall to display logan and kitty infront of

Edited by undeadpool

I'm actually quite excited for the x-men set, of all the x-men stuff coming up this has to be my favourite. If I could wave my magic wand and change things I would include a Rachel head that could be used on the jump suit and a cardboard backdrop that could be used with the mates to recreate the comic cover. But neither of those are deal breakers and i will probably get a couple of these sets.

All of our sets this year are designed for broad appeal...

Well, I'm not a broad so that explains that.

Ha! Classic!

Well...it looks like I'm gonna have to track down one of these sets now to make a Senator Kelly. I've got a few JJJ's leftover from Shield army building. I'm glad I never sold those off now!

For our store, comic waves sell much better than movie waves. We will probably sell three times as much Series 54 as the DOFP movie wave.

Also, I love the idea of using these green jump suits for other characters! It definitely helps justify getting extra Sentinels. ;)

Other than the hair, coat, and hands, Wolvie is a perfect 'mate for part fodder.

Blue pants with black boots, black shirt, a holster (does he have a gun?)...all parts that can easily be reused for customs.

That Kelly head also has a lot of potential, as does the hairpiece. It might work better as a classic Nick Fury than the one we got in Age of Ultron.

Edited by youbastards

This is a great set - Days of Future Past is one of my favourite American comicbook stories of all time - yes, it's right up there with Iron Man 150. So I'll hopefully be picking up at least a couple of these, probably from your good self, Luke.

As for the extra Wolverines - luckily I'm not short of people to pass spare 'mates on to - so they will certainly go to good homes.

And I like the B&W Walking Dead set too, just not quite as much.