UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusive Speculation

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not Infinity. Although any list of characters who appeared in Infinity should include Captain America.

I guess, but other than a space suit, Cap's costume is, what, the same as the Now! costume we got a while back?

Godkiller Iron Man I get but Cap? We're getting a NOW! Cap redo in best of 3 as well.

I guess, but other than a space suit, Cap's costume is, what, the same as the Now! costume we got a while back?

smile.png

Godkiller Iron Man I get but Cap? We're getting a NOW! Cap redo in best of 3 as well.

The series that isn't available at Toys "R" Us, correct.

Not based on a current storyline means based on a past storyline. It's not a random collection of characters people want.

Watcher was in a lot of classic storylines, and ISN'T in Original Sin. Not saying he's in this set, but saying it rules him out is incorrect.

No AFX set that I know of.

Thanks for clarifying, but wasn't Watcher in the first issue of Original Sin? Maybe I'm mixing up character names.

I'm trying to think of major storylines that have obvious holes or are in need of an update. Are any of the iconic storylines having a milestone anniversary this year?

AvX is still missing a phoenix five Namor and Magik.

Yes that drives me crazy not having a complete team....

Looking back over the decades:

1994: Phalanx Covenant

Forge

Banshee

Blink (616)

Cameron Hodge: Phalanx

Spider Clone Saga

Spider-Man

Scarlet Spider (Ben) update

Kaine

Jackal

Age of Apocalypse

Bishop

Storm

Gambit

Night Crawler

1984: Secret Wars

Titania

Iron Man (Rhodes)

Rogue

Battle Damaged Doom

1974: Wolverine's First Appearance

Wolverine

Hulk

Windigo

Geez, 2013 was the 20th Anniversary of X-Men's Fatal Attractions, some missed opportunities there! I really want an "Adamantium-removal in process" Wolverine variant, and we have those nifty new symbiote tendrils!

Adamantium leeched Wolverine would have been awesome. Throw in Exodus, Shi'ar Walking suit Xavier & Acolyte Colossus and you'd have quite a set. Although They'd probabaly need to include Magneto to get that set out.

Maximum Carnage was something i was hoping would get tackled with last years 20th anniversary, but seeing as Luke's got Carnage wrapped up at the moment, MC seems unlikely.

A DOFP or Brotherhood set that includes Mystique AND Destiny really is at the top of my wants list, and with the upcoming movie - it might be a good time for it as others have stated.

The Age of Apocalypse see's it's 20th anniversary this year. There are still enough high profile characters to flesh out a box set or two (Abyss, Storm, Colossus, Sugar-Man, X-Man, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat etc...) - but i think DST may have done all they're planning to do as far as AoA is concerned. They got a pretty good run back at the 15th anniversary.

Phalanx Covenant has been mentioned. It's subsequaently the 20th anniversary of Generation X starting up.

I'm guessing Capullo X-force box set

This was my actual guess at first - but it seemed a bit like Zach indicated it was a set from a specific story line.... Still - i'm keen to see the Capullo set, so i'm happy either way.

DoFP seems most likely to me, but...

X-Cutioner's Song:

Bulked up Apocalypse w/Carnage spear arms

Stryfe

Archangel redo with darker tones and unmasked head/alternate "white" head, tux, and flowers

Jim Lee Cyclops redo ?

There are a metric TON of figures you could release in this set, but Cyke and Archangel are hard to come by these days and could be touched up, bulked-up Apocalypse would be crossed off the fan poll list, and Stryfe would be a new character we DESPERATELY need for our soon-to-be-growing X-Force to oppose

X-men movie this year. Marvel space movie this year. Corsair meets young Cyclops (who is getting minimated) and they have a series that just started.

Dark Phoenix Saga boxed set, with Corsair, Gladiator, Fang Wolverine (just for a different look) and new Dark Phoenix!

X-men movie this year. Marvel space movie this year. Corsair meets young Cyclops (who is getting minimated) and they have a series that just started.

Dark Phoenix Saga boxed set, with Corsair, Gladiator, Fang Wolverine (just for a different look) and new Dark Phoenix!

id actually buy the shit outta that set

And now I have the theme song stuck in my head.

I think all those looks have been made as minimates already. Unless we are talking villains, and in that case sign me up.