UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusive Speculation

San Diego Comic Con is rapidly approaching, and DST always has at least one Marvel exclusive for the show, but so far I haven't heard even a hint of what it might be, Zack hasn't alluded to one that I've seen anywhere. What do you guys think/hope it might be, and if Zack is reading this, do you know when we might find out?

If memory serves correctly, the last few years it has been tied into a recent development in the comics, like a storyline or new team, AVX and Future Foundation for example. But nothing is jumping out at me for this year.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach has talked about some X-Men box sets this year (back when we were still trying to figure out the 59 line-up) and did say something about an updated X-Villain. I'm hoping for either a 2013 Uncanny Set (Cyclops, Magik, Magneto, Emma) or an X-villains set (Apocalypse, Stryfe, Bishop, Bastion).

Wish List Choices:

1) Defenders V2 w/Nighthawk, Hellcat, non-Jim Lee blue furry Beast update, Astral Projection Strange/Gargoyle/Son of Satan/Vac-Metal Silver Surfer/whomever

2) Squadron Supreme (preferably two box sets and TRU packs to supplement them)

3) All-New, All-Different X-Men V2:

box set 1: Banshee, updated Colossus, Thunderbird, another blue/yellow Wolvie with new innovations of some kind

box set 2: Sunfire, Nightcrawler, Storm, updated Cyclops

4) Mostly Neglected '80s X-Men: early/mid-'80s Rogue, Forge, this Colossus http://img2u.info/img/gfca1012a.jpg , updated Brown Wolverine

Realistic guesses:

1) Current event themed set or sets

2) Deadpool set

3) Spider-Man set

Edited by karamazov80

Hmmm...Zach already confirmed that the WD superhero cover isn't going to happen, so the only thing I can think of to "spark a lot of discussion" is either

a.) direct reissues of previous 'mates, especially if they are TRU exclusives

b.) a black & white set of previously released color WD 'mates

c.) "alternate reality" set with tv show exclusive characters in comic book form.

d.) An all Riot Armor or prison clothing set! ;)

Edited by youbastards

Marvel not tied to current storylines...so no Watcher I would assume smile.png

A comic GOTG box set would be nice and timed nicely for SDCC. Agents of Shield box would be great as well. If it is X-men related I'm kinda bummed it's not from the current storyline because Xface Cyke, new costume Emma, new costume Magik and an x-23 to match the all new x-men wave would be awesome!

Edited by Zylek

Hmmm...Zach already confirmed that the WD superhero cover isn't going to happen, so the only thing I can think of to "spark a lot of discussion" is either

a.) direct reissues of previous 'mates, especially if they are TRU exclusives

That'd be my hope given how hard to come by certain exclusives have been. Same figures, new packaging? I'm all for that. Call it "Best of TWD."

Like Chuck said, we can't make GOTG comic Minimates while there's a movie on. Marvel is promoting the movie and only licensing movie merchandise. Maybe once the embargo lifts and everyone is a superstar.

There will be a View Askew two-pack, but not through us.

There will also be two giveaways, one at our both and one elsewhere, property to be announced.

Some will like the TWD set, some will not. Rocco might not.